16Start.com is an unfair search engine, which may return altered search results and make people visit related websites. Besides, it may also start interrupting them with its commercial pop-up ads, banners ads and other notifications that are also displayed for promoting specific websites and boosting their revenue. If you discovered 16Start.com on your computer, you should avoid it because it may not only initiate havoc in your browsing routine but may also try to make you visit insecure websites. Technically, 16Start.com is not a virus, but it is always recommended relying on more reputable search engines.
How can 16Start.com infiltrate my computer?
16Start.com is promoted with a help of free downloads that are typically filled with various 'free additions' for making some money. There are many people who believe that such search engines infiltrate computers as viruses do. That's not true. In reality, they agree to make 16Start.com their start page or default search engine when they don't pay enough attention to freeware's installation process. That's why we always recommend choosing custom or advanced installation method and unchecking such check boxes that say 'Make 16Start.com my homepage' and similar. If you were tricked into downloading this program on your computer, you should follow this guide and remove it from your operating system.
How to remove 16Start.com?
If 16Start.com appeared on your computer and you decided to remove it from there, you can do that with a help of these steps:
- Uninstall this program via Add/Remove Programs:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for 16Start and other recently installed applications, and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Fix your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find 16Start and similar entries, and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- No click 'Settings' -> 'Manage search engines' and change your default search engine.