What is Aartemis?
Aartemis (you can also find it named as Aartemis.com, Aartemis virus, etc.) is an annoying and really suspicious application, which is mostly used for promoting affiliate websites and programs that are related to it. Typically, it may infiltrate your PC system unnoticed and then may affect all Internet browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, at once. After doing so, it may alter some of your system settings, including your start page and the default search engine. After that, you may notice changes in these settings and then may also start suffering from unwanted activities, including slow downs, redirects, pop-up ads and similar issues. Beware that the clearest sign showing that you have this program on your computer is continuous redirects to aartemis.com and similar unknown websites. In addition, you may also notice continuous commercial ads and similar notifications that tell you about discounts, coupons and other deals. Please, don't click them because you may be tricked into visiting very unsafe websites that may lead you to the infiltration of other adwares, browser hijackers and similar PUPs. Please, do NOT leave Aartemis on your computer because it may force you to install potentially unwanted software on your computer! In this case, you should run a full system scan with the reputable anti-spyware and fix your machine. For that we highly recommend using SpyHunter.
HOW CAN Aartemis hijack MY COMPUTER?
Aartemis.com and similar search engines' distribution is mostly related to freeware and shareware, which is filled with various components in exchange for money. This unfair distribution method is mostly called 'bundling' because people are not clearly notified that, instead of one application, they will download several or sometimes even three different programs. That's why we always recommend paying more attention to the installation process of the freeware and unchecking all 'additional downloads', 'free additions' and similar things if you want to avoid aartemis.com. For getting such ability, you should select Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware. Of course, that's not the end. What you also need is to uncheck all questionable chank marks that allow installation of this suspicious search engine. Otherwise, we can assure you that this program will take over your start page and default search engine. Besides, Aartemis virus may also initiate redirections and pop-up ads when you are searching on the Internet. You may be redirected to unknown sites, see annoying commercial ads or simply notice slow downs on your browsers. If you want to avoid these things, you should remove Aartemis from your computer. Here is a guide for that:
HOW TO REMOVE Aartemis.com virus?
If you noticed Aartemis.com redirects to unknown and very questionable websites, your system was affected by aartemis virus. In this case, you should immediately scan it with updated anti-spyware and see what it finds. It might be that your machine is full of browser hijackers. Of course, you can also get rid of this program manually. For that you need to follow manual removal steps that are given below:
You can remove Aartemis automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Aartemis from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Aartemis from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Aartemis from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Aartemis from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Aartemis from Safari
Remove Aartemis from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Aartemis from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Aartemis or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Aartemis from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Aartemis or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Aartemis from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Aartemis and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Aartemis removal.
Remove Aartemis from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Aartemis and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Aartemis removal.
Remove Aartemis from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Aartemis and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Aartemis removal.
Remove Aartemis from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Aartemis or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Aartemis, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Aartemis removal process.
Complete Aartemis removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Aartemis registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Aartemis
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Aartemis
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.