Aartemis (you can also find it named as Aartemis.com virus) is an annoying application, which is used for promoting websites and programs that are related to it. Typically, it occupies all Internet browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, and alters several system settings. After that, you may notice changes in your start page and default search engine. The clearest sign that you have this program on your computer is continuous redirects to aartemis.com and similar sites. In addition, you may also notice continuous commercial ads and similar notifications that tell you about discounts, coupons and other deals. Please, don't leave Aartemis on your computer because it may force you to install potentially unwanted software or may initiate other problems.
HOW CAN Aartemis INFILTRATE MY COMPUTER?
Aartemis.com distribution is mostly related to freeware and shareware. This unfair distribution method is mostly called 'bundling' because people are not clearly notified that they will download it on their computers. That's why we always recommend paying more attention to the installation process of the freeware and unchecking all 'additional downloads', 'free additions' and similar things if you want to avoid aartemis.com. Otherwise, we can forecast that this program will take over your start page and default search engine. Besides, Aartemis virus may also initiate redirections and pop-up ads when you are searching on the Internet. You may be redirected to unknown sites, see annoying commercial ads or simply notice slow downs on your browsers. If you want to avoid these things, you should remove Aartemis from your computer. Here is a guide for that:
HOW TO REMOVE Aartemis.com virus?
If you noticed redirections to Aartemis.com, your system was affected by aartemis virus. In this case, you should immediately scan it with STOPzilla or SpyHunter. After that, follow these steps:
First of all, eliminate Aartemis via Add/Remove Programs list:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Aartemis, Wsys Control and other unknown entries, and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Additionally, remove Aartemis add-on from your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
- Here, look for Aartemis, Wsys Control and similar entries, and click 'uninstall'.
- After that, change the start page to get rid of dosearches.com.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’.
- Find Aartemis, Wsys Control and other unknown entries, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Once you do that, don't forget to change the start page.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions.
- Here, look for Aartemis, Wsys Control and other unknown entries, and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
- After that, change the settings of your start page.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use