Severity scale: (12 / 100)
Adpeak is a potentially unwanted program, which can show up on your computer without downloading it there. It's mostly spread together with Scorpion Saver, which has already initiated various discussions online. Many security vendors have tested this application but they haven't found any relations to viruses. It seems that the main problems is Adpeak's distribution method and its additional activity, which is based on continuous advertisements and redirections to unknown websites. We highly recommend ignoring these ads because they may trick you into installing useless programs. If you noticed Adpeak on your computer, you should check it with reliable anti-spware and remove malicious files.
How can Adpeak infiltrate my computer?
Adpeak is mostly spread in a bundle with freeware and shareware. We have discussed about this distribution method for hundreds of times. If you still don't know, how to avoid such infiltration, keep in mind that the easiest way to do that is to rely on Custom or Advanced installation. After choosing it, make sure that you deselect all checkboxes that claim that you agree to install Adpeak, Scorpion Saver and other adware. If you downloaded this program on your computer, you may notice its comemrcial ads. Besides, such programs may also be set to alter start page or default search engine and other settings.
How to remove Adpeak?
If you want to get rid of Adpeak, Scorpion Saver and other PUPs, you should follow these instructions:
- Scan your computer with reliable anti-spyware and remove everything what it detects. We recommend using SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
- As soon as you remove malicious entries from the system, look for these program on Add/Remove Programs list. For that:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Scorpion Saver, AdPeak and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
TIP: You should also uninstall these programs because they were noticed taking a role in the distribution of these adwares: LyricsSay-1, LyricXeeker, HD-Plus, Browse2Save, WebCake 3.00, DownloadTerms 1.0, LyricsBuddy-1, SuperLyrics-1, ElectroLyrics-1, a2zLyrics-1, SimpleLyrics,1ClickDownload, Superfish, Yontoo and FBPhotoZoom.
After that, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall Adpeak, Scorpion Saver, Softonic toolbar for IE and Chrome LyricsSay-1, LyricXeeker, HD-Plus, GetLyrics, LyricsMonkey-1, Browse2Save, TubeSing-3, WebCake and any other unknown extension.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find Adpeak, Scorpion Saver, LyricsSay-1, LyricXeeker, HD-Plus, GetLyrics, LyricsMonkey-1, Browse2Save, TubeSing-3, WebCake and other entries that are unknown for you, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find Adpeak, Scorpion Saver, Softonic toolbar for IE and Chrome, LyricsSay-1, LyricXeeker, HD-Plus, GetLyrics, LyricsMonkey-1, Browse2Save, TubeSing-3, WebCake and other unknown extensions, and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Manage search engines' and change your default search engine
Automatic Adpeak removal:
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use
We are testing STOPzilla's efficiency at removing Adpeak
Malwarebytes Anti Malware
We are testing Malwarebytes Anti Malware's efficiency at removing Adpeak
We are testing XoftSpySE Anti Spyware's efficiency at removing Adpeak
Defender Pro Ultimate Security Suite
We are testing Defender Pro Ultimate Security Suite's efficiency at removing Adpeak
what to do if you failed to remove the infection?
Help Line to remove Adpeak
QR code for Adpeak removal instructions:
QR is short for Quick Response. They can be read quickly by the mobile phones. QR codes can store more data than standard barcodes, including url links, geo coordinates, and text.
The reason we add QR code to the website is that parasites like Adpeak are really hard to remove on infected computer.
you can quicly scan the QR code with your mobile device and have manual removal instructions to uninstall Adpeak right in your pocket.
Simply use the QR scanner and read removal instructions from mobile device.
Information added: 2014-01-22 11:47:06
Information updated: 2014-01-22 11:47:06
Attention: If you know know a reputable website reated to security threats, please add a link here: add
Like us on Facebook
Latest spyware news:
Subscribe to spyware news