What is Adpeak?
Adpeak (can also be called as Adware:Win32/
How can Adpeak hijack my computer?
Adpeak is mostly spread in a bundle with freeware and shareware, so you should be very careful when downloading such software to your computer. We have already told you about this distribution method for hundreds of times, so you should know that this distribution method is called bundling. If you still don't know, how to avoid it, keep in mind that the easiest way to do that is to rely on Custom or Advanced installation when installing freeware on your computer. After selecting any of these methods, make sure that you deselect all checkboxes that claim that you agree to install Adpeak adware, Scorpion Saver and other adware-type programs and finish your installation. Of course, just like any other application, which promises to help people increase their browsing experience, it can be downloaded to computer manually but we really recommend not doing that. If you have already downloaded this program to your computer and now you are dealing with continuous commercial ads, redirects, slowdowns and similar issues, you should use a guide and get rid of ti. Besides, such programs may also be set to alter start page or default search engine and other settings.
How to remove Adpeak virus?
If you want to get rid of Adpeak, Scorpion Saver and other PUPs, you should follow these instructions:
You can remove Adpeak automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Adpeak from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Adpeak from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Adpeak from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Adpeak from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Adpeak from Safari
Remove Adpeak from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Adpeak from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Adpeak or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Adpeak from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Adpeak or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Adpeak from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Adpeak and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Adpeak removal.
Remove Adpeak from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Adpeak and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Adpeak removal.
Remove Adpeak from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Adpeak and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Adpeak removal.
Remove Adpeak from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Adpeak or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Adpeak removal process.
Complete Adpeak removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Adpeak registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Adpeak
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Adpeak
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.