Discount Dragon is annoying program, which may hijack your browsers and start displaying its ads that cause annoying redirects to unknown websites. This program is not a virus or malware, so you can install it just like any other program. In fact, it has tricked many PC users because it promises to help people save the money by showing them biggest discounts, coupons and other offers. In reality it's just an image, which helps to hide real Discount Dragon's intentions.. This program is designed specifically to make money, so beware that it mostly shows links that seek to make you visit related websites. In addition, it may start displaying its ads whenever it wants and make your browsing a total mess.
How can Discount Dragon infiltrate my computer?
We have already mentioned that Discount Dragon can be downloaded from the Internet just like any other application. However, if you noticed continuous messages that say 'Ads by Discount Dragon', it means that it has infiltrated your computer in a bundle with freeware and shareware. That's why there are many security vendors who decided to include this program to PUP or adware categories. If you want to avoid Discount Dragon virus, you should pay more attention to freeware's installation. By saying that we mean that you should choose Custom or Advanced installation and opt-out from this freeware. If you want to remove this program from your computer, you should follow this guide:
How to remove Discount Dragon?
We don't recommend ignoring 'Ads by Discount Dragon' messages because they may trick you into installing more dangerous programs on your computer. In order to get rid of this adware, you should follow this guide:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Discount Dragon, LyricsViewer, LyricXeeker, Plus-HD 1.3, LyricsGet, BetterSurf, Downloadkepper, SurfEnchance, Feven 1.7, LyricsWoofer, LyricsFan, SimpleLyrics a and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Settings -> Show Advanced Settings.
- Here, look for 'Reset browser settings' button.
- Click 'Reset' to complete this task.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use
QR code for 'Ads by Discount Dragon' virus removal instructions:
QR is short for Quick Response. They can be read quickly by the mobile phones. QR codes can store more data than standard barcodes, including url links, geo coordinates, and text.
The reason we add QR code to the website is that parasites like 'Ads by Discount Dragon' virus are really hard to remove on infected computer.
you can quicly scan the QR code with your mobile device and have manual removal instructions to uninstall 'Ads by Discount Dragon' virus right in your pocket.
Simply use the QR scanner and read removal instructions from mobile device.