What is Discount Dragon?
Discount Dragon is a suspicious application that may become a totally annoying thing that is hiding in your PC system. No matter that this program claims that it is capable of improving your browsing experience and helping you to save the money by showing you be biggest discounts and the cheapest goods, you should think twice before installing it. We say so because there are lots of PC users who claim that after installing this program on their computers they have found that it hijacked each of their web browsers. Of course, Discount Dragon is capable of doing not only that. The main reason why it was created is affiliate marketing. For that, this potentially unwanted program may start displaying various pop-up ads that, after being clicked, may redirect people to unknown and suspicious websites. So, no matter that we should call Discount Dragon virus or malware, you should stay away from it. If you have been tricked into thinking that it will help you save the money by showing you the biggest discounts, coupons and other offers, you should know about another thing - this program may also try to track your browsing on the web. It may collect information about your mostly visited websites, search terms, computer's IP address and locations, and similar data. So, it should be clear that this program is designed specifically to make money, so it may trick you into visiting unknown and suspicious websites. In addition, it may start displaying its ads whenever it wants and may turn your browsing into a total mess. For avoiding that, we highly recommend downloading SpyHunter, updating it and running a full system scan. It will help you to fix your computer and will also prevent infiltration of other cyber threats in the future.
How can Discount Dragon hijack my computer?
We have already mentioned that this program can be downloaded from the Internet just like any other application. However, if you noticed continuous messages that say 'Ads by Discount Dragon' during your browsing, it means that it has infiltrated your computer in a bundle with freeware and shareware. That's why there are many security vendors who decided to include this program to PUP or adware categories. If you want to avoid Discount Dragon virus, you should pay more attention to freeware's installation. By saying that we mean that you should choose Custom or Advanced installation option when installing any freeware on your computer. After that, you should follow every installation step and opt out from questionable browser add-ons, extensions, toolbars, etc. If this freeware has already appeared on your computer, you should use a guide below and fix it. of course, you should opt for Automatic removal if you want to be sure that all suspicious programs have left your computer.
How to remove Discount Dragon virus?
We don't recommend ignoring 'Ads by Discount Dragon' messages because they may trick you into installing more dangerous programs on your computer. In order to get rid of this adware, you should follow this guide:
You can remove 'Ads by Discount Dragon' automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual 'Ads by Discount Dragon' virus Removal GuideQuick menu:
Step 1: Uninstall 'Ads by Discount Dragon' and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove 'Ads by Discount Dragon' from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove 'Ads by Discount Dragon' from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for 'Ads by Discount Dragon' or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove 'Ads by Discount Dragon' from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for 'Ads by Discount Dragon' or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall 'Ads by Discount Dragon' from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
Remove 'Ads by Discount Dragon' from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for 'Ads by Discount Dragon' and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete 'Ads by Discount Dragon' removal.
Remove 'Ads by Discount Dragon' from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select 'Ads by Discount Dragon' and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete 'Ads by Discount Dragon' removal.
Remove 'Ads by Discount Dragon' from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select 'Ads by Discount Dragon' and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete 'Ads by Discount Dragon' removal.
Remove 'Ads by Discount Dragon' from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for 'Ads by Discount Dragon' or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete 'Ads by Discount Dragon' removal process.
Step 3: Complete 'Ads by Discount Dragon' virus removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of 'Ads by Discount Dragon' registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.