“Ads by Media View” virus is a serious infection, which can cause continuous pop-up ads, browsers' slow downs, installation of adware and similar problems. It infiltrates computers as a web browser plugin, which is typically spread in a bundle with freeware and shareware. As soon as “Ads by Media View” virus hijacks all web browsers, it starts displaying trustworthy-looking ads that seek only to generate web traffic to required sites and increase their page rank or sales. Of course, this helps to earn some easy money for “Ads by Media View” virus as well. In order to avoid installing more programs that belong to adware category, you should ignore all alerts that claim that they are brought to you by Media View. In addition, run a full system scan with reputable anti-spyware and remove malicious plugins from the system!
How can “Ads by Media View” virus infiltrate my computer?
“Ads by Media View” virus is distributed with a help of freeware. If you want to be sure that free application you need to install on your computer won't infect your PC with such adware, you have to pay more attention to its installation. The best solution in this case is to choose Custom or Advanced installation method and then uncheck unfamiliar check boxes. We must say that you should be especially careful when downloading “Youtube Downloader HD”, “Fast Free Converter”, “Video Media Player 1.1″ and “DVDX Player 3.2″. If you think that “Ads by Media View” virus has already hijacked your browsers, you should follow a guide below and remove it from the system.
How to remove “Ads by Media View” virus?
Media View is not as dangerous as parasites that belong to rogue anti-spyware or ransomware categories. However, you should eliminate it from the system if you don't want to be tricked into installing more adware on it. In order to do that, you should follow these instructions:
Uninstall unknown freeware via Add/Remove Programs list. For that, use these instructions:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Media View and other unknown entries.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes.
After that, reset your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find Media View 1.1 extension and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Show Advanced settings' -> 'Reset browser settings' and click 'Reset'.
Finally, check your computer with reputable anti-spyware and make sure that it's free of viruses. We recommend using these applications: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use