What is ViewPassword?
ViewPassword is an adware-type program, which has been noticed for its suspicious and sometimes very annoying activities. While this program can't be called a virus, we have to warn you that there is a plenty of unwanted activities that it may try to initiate on your computer. The most obvious of them is continuous pop-up ads that may start appearing on each of your web browsers no matter if you want to see them of not. If 'Ads by ViewPassword', 'brought to you by ViewPassword', 'by ViewPassword', 'ViewPassword ads' and similar notifications have already started interrupting you, it means that your computer has already been affected by a potentially unwanted program or, in other words, an adware. In most of the cases, such applications tend to enter PC systems in a bundle with other applications (freeware, shareware, etc.) as 'free additions'. After doing so, they may initiate changes in some of your system settings and then may start interrupting you with their annoying pop-up ads, in-text links, banner ads and other commercial content. Beware that such programs are also capable of tracking PC users and collecting data which is related to their search terms, mostly visited websites, data that is entered when visiting these websites, etc. This information is usually considered as personally non-identifiable but we still think that you should try to keep it private.
When trying to get rid of ViewPassword adware, you should keep in mind that this program installs its add-on on each of web browsers that can be found on computer. After doing that, it starts causing continuous alerts and other mentioned activities. If you have been suffering from them for a while, you should waste no time and check the system for ViewPassword. The easiest way to do that is with a help of reputable anti-spyware. For eliminating this virus, we recommend you either SpyHunter (compatible with Windows OS) or Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus (compatible with Windows OS and Mac OS X).
HOW CAN VIEWPASSWORD hijack MY COMPUTER?
ViewPassword is promoted via two different methods: you can install this program on your PC system manually, just like any other program. In most of the cases, this happens after people are convinced that this program is capable of improving their browsing. However, you should also keep in mind that this application may infiltrate your computer in a bundle with freeware and shareware. This method has been initiating various discussions on the Internet because people have been hardly notified that they will download ViewPassword to their computers in a bundle with one or other program. However, you can prevent infiltration of such programs by inspecting the whole installation process of the freeware and unchecking this check mark that agrees to download ViewPassword. For that you should select Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware. If you think that this program is inside your computer, follow this guide:
HOW TO REMOVE VIEWPASSWORD virus?
If you see continuous pop-up advertisements that say 'ads by ViewPassword' and you want to get rid of them, you should follow this guide:
You can remove ViewPassword automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual ViewPassword ads Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall ViewPassword and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove ViewPassword from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove ViewPassword from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for ViewPassword or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove ViewPassword from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for ViewPassword or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall ViewPassword from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
Remove ViewPassword from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for ViewPassword and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete ViewPassword removal.
Remove ViewPassword from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select ViewPassword and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete ViewPassword removal.
Remove ViewPassword from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select ViewPassword and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete ViewPassword removal.
Remove ViewPassword from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for ViewPassword or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete ViewPassword removal process.
Step 3: Complete Ads by ViewPassword removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of ViewPassword registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.