What is 'Ads not by this site'?
'Ads not by this site' is annoying pop-up ad that may start interrupting your browsing on the web. In most of the cases, the appearance of such ad means the only thing - your computer was infected by adware-type program, which seeks to trick you into visiting affiliate websites. According to PC security experts, this issue is mostly caused by a specific browser extension, which is called Vid-Saver. It may infiltrate your computer without your permission asked because it is mostly spread in a bundle with other programs as an optional component. As soon as 'Ads not by this site' virus infiltrates the system, it may easily modify it and then may start causing its completely annoying advertisements that are displayed on each of web browsers, including MOzilla Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and other known web browsers. There is almost no information if these banner-type advertisements are legitimate or not, so you should try to stay away from 'Ads not by this site'. Otherwise, they may trick you into visiting questionable websites that may be filled with other dangerous applications. Fortunately, you can get rid of these pop-up ads by running a full system scan with SpyHunter or by modifying each of your web browsers manually and disabling all misleading browser addons and other components.
HOW CAN 'Ads not by this site' hijack my computer?
Typically, 'Ads not by this site' virus shows ads from associated sites that seek to trick users into visiting related websites, track them and get more information about their shopping habits or browsing activity, etc. That's why it may hijack each of your web browsers and then may start collecting information about your mostly visited websites and data that you leave on each of these sites. If you want to protect yourself from that, you should stay away from this adware. How can you do that? Beware that you can get infected with 'Ads not by this site' virus through various free applications that are involved to the distribution of such programs in exchange for money. That's why you should be very careful when downloading shareware and freeware, like movies, mp3 or torrents. Mostly, 'Ads not by this site'-related adware hides under such names as CodecC 1.0, Adobe Flash Player 11 activeX extension and similar suspicious names, so you should try to avoid these components. For getting such ability, you should select only Custom or Advanced installation when downloading freeware to your computer. Beware that this scam may affect not only regular, Windows systems, but Mac OS as well. If you think that it is already hiding in your computer, you should use a guide below. It will help you to get rid of 'Ads not by this site' redirects, pop-up ads and similar unwanted activities.
HOW CAN I REMOVE 'Ads not by this site' VIRUS?
In order to remove this annoying scam, you will need to follow these steps:
You can remove 'Ads not by this site' automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual 'Ads not by this site' virus Removal GuideQuick menu:
Step 1: Uninstall 'Ads not by this site' and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove 'Ads not by this site' from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove 'Ads not by this site' from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for 'Ads not by this site' or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove 'Ads not by this site' from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for 'Ads not by this site' or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall 'Ads not by this site' from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
Remove 'Ads not by this site' from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for 'Ads not by this site' and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete 'Ads not by this site' removal.
Remove 'Ads not by this site' from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select 'Ads not by this site' and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete 'Ads not by this site' removal.
Remove 'Ads not by this site' from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select 'Ads not by this site' and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete 'Ads not by this site' removal.
Remove 'Ads not by this site' from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for 'Ads not by this site' or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete 'Ads not by this site' removal process.
Step 3: Complete 'Ads not by this site' virus removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of 'Ads not by this site' registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.