What is Amazon Smart Search?
Amazon Smart Search is a browser extension, which is developed by Amazon.com. It can be added only to two different browsers – Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer 8+. Nevertheless, all programs are improved and filled with new capabilities, so there is no surprise if you have just discovered it on your Google Chrome or safari browser. If you have been dealing with this program while searching on the Internet, it means that you have installed a free application, which was involved to its distribution. In most of the cases, Amazon Smart Search and similar hijackers, adwares and other potentially unwanted programs are promoted using download managers, PDF creators, video streaming software and similar free applications. How can you protect yourself from Amazon Smart Search virus? This was revealed in next paragraph of this post. Nevertheless, you have to remember that if such hijacker has already started to appear instead of your start page and a default search engine under this or similar address http://www.amazon.com/gp/bit/amazonserp?tagbase=&tbrId= it won't leave you. You will have to remove it from your computer without wasting your time because keeping this search engine on your computer may result in continuous Amazon Smart Search redirects, slow downs, pop-up ads and other inconveniences. In addition, just like any other search site, this program may start tracking your browsing on the web and may collect your search terms, mostly visited websites and similar information. If you want to prevent this, then you should check your PC for Amazon Smart Search and remove it from the system. For that we recommend using Reimage.
HOW CAN AMAZON SMART SEARCH HIJACK MY COMPUTER?
As we've already mentioned, Amazon Smart Search can be downloaded from its official website or it may infiltrate your computer in a bundle with other programs. In most of occasions, it comes in a bundle with freeware, shareware and similar applications as a free addition. For preventing this from happening, you should start checking what programs you install on your computer. Please, avoid Quick or Basic installation option because it won't help you to see what optional components are hiding inside. For that you should always select Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware and then follow every installation step. After that you should try to find pre-checked boxes that claim that you want to change your start page and default search engine. If this hijacker manages to get inside the system, it can easily affect IE and Mozilla Firefox web browsers, and then start interrupting into each of your search sessions. Beware that you may also receive commercial pop-up ads offering you to compare prices, see today’s deals and similar information. No matter that such ads look very convincing, beware that they may redirect you to unsafe websites. If you are annoyed by Amazon Smart Search ads, you should uninstall this questionable search engine. For that you should use a guide that is given below.
HOW TO REMOVE AMAZON SMART SEARCH VIRUS?
If you want to get rid of Amazon Smart Search, you have to follow these steps:
You can remove Amazon Smart Search automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Amazon Smart Search from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Amazon Smart Search from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Amazon Smart Search from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Amazon Smart Search from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Amazon Smart Search from Safari
Remove Amazon Smart Search from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Amazon Smart Search from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Amazon Smart Search or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Amazon Smart Search from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Amazon Smart Search or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Amazon Smart Search from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Amazon Smart Search and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Amazon Smart Search removal.
Remove Amazon Smart Search from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Amazon Smart Search and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Amazon Smart Search removal.
Remove Amazon Smart Search from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Amazon Smart Search and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Amazon Smart Search removal.
Remove Amazon Smart Search from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Amazon Smart Search or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Amazon Smart Search removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Amazon Smart Search
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.