‘An Garda Siochana' is the latest variant of Police virus that pretends to be sent by Ireland’s National Police Service. Just like Police viruses that were released earlier, this one is also dedicated to a specific region (Ireland) and works on making Irish users believe that they must pay a 'fine' for their illegitimate activity on the Internet. However, you must be sure that all these sayings that you have been illegally watching copyrighted content or spreading malware are displayed for the only reason – to scare you into paying the 'fine'. The biggest problem with ‘An Garda Siochana Ireland’s National Police Service’ ransomware is that it completely locks its victims down so that they can't do anything about it. If you have also been disabled by this virus, keep reading to find ‘An Garda Siochana' removal steps. Note that there are several versions of An Garda Siochana virus spreading on the Internet.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH An Garda Siochana VIRUS?
Just like earlier released Police viruses, ‘An Garda Siochana' is also distributed by Trojans that tend to attack poorly protected systems. They may come together with various freeware, spam emails or fake updates and scanners that are usually spread on the Internet. In addition, identically to earlier members of its family, ‘An Garda Siochana Ireland’s National Police Service’ ransomware locks the desktop down and displays a huge warning accusing user that he is involved into illegal activity, such as distribution of copyrighted content, child pornography or is simply using pirated media. Be sure that all these accusations are nothing but invented things that are expected to make you concerned about your computer. In addition, this alert offers for the user to pay a fine through Ukash payment system.
HOW CAN I REMOVE An Garda Siochana VIRUS?
Be sure to ignore ‘An Garda Siochana Ireland’s National Police Service’ virus and don't fall for paying a 'fine' through Ukash! This own't help you to restore access to your locked computer and will lead you only to the money loss. So, if you have been receiving alerts from Ireland's national Police Service, follow these steps helping to unlock your computer and finally remove An Garda Siochana ransomware.
* Flash drive method:
1. Use another machine to download SpyHunter and update the program.
2. Put it into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with An Garda Siochana once more and run a full system scan with SpyHunter. You can also use STOPzilla.
* Users infected with An Garda Siochana virus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual An Garda Siochana virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable Ukash virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on An Garda Siochana virus
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.