What is Api.mybrowserbar.com?
Api.mybrowserbar.com (can also be found as mybrowserbar.com) is a search engine that may infiltrate your computer behind your back. Right after doing so, it may start causing redirects, annoying pop-up ads and other things that may start interrupting you right after starting your browsing on the Internet. Typically, such programs get ability to infiltrate computers when people are downloading free programs. Typically, they are added to download managers, PDF creators, video streaming softwares and similar programs as optional components. That's why you should be very careful while installing such programs on your computer. As soon as Api.mybrowserbar.com enters the system, it modifies all web browsers that are installed there. In addition, it starts causing continuous redirections to its affiliate websites that are trying to increase their page rank or sales. That's why it has been approved that Api.mybrowserbar.com has been labelled as browser hijacker and a potentially unwanted program that can be eliminated by scanning computer with updated anti-spyware or by using a removal guide given down below. If you have been bothered by redirects to mybrowserbar.com or api.mybrowserbar.com, you should also take into account that this program may track your browsing habits. In order to protect your search terms and other personally non-identifiable information, you should waste no time and check your PC system with the reliable anti-spyware. For that, we highly recommend using Reimage or other trustworthy program that will help you to get rid of Api.mybrowserbar.com virus for good.
How can Api.mybrowserbar.com hijack my computer?
Api.mybrowserbar.com redirects start when user is tricked into making this questionable search engine his/hers start page or the default search engine. This can be done if you don't monitor installation of the freeware and keep clicking the next button when installing download managers, PDF creators and similar freewares. It's not a good way to install free programs on your computer. The best way to do that is to select Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware. Once you do so, make sure you carefully follow the whole installation process and opt out of optional components. For that, you should uncheck pre-checked check marks that claim that you want to change your start page or the default search engine. As soon as mybrowserbar.com gets inside the system, it may try to modify your system settings and then may affect all of your web browsers. As a result, you may start suffering from continuous redirections to this or other domains. Note that you must be careful when visiting these websites because they may infect you with the threats that are much dangerous than this one. They may seem to be associated with quite legitimate products but may filles with unwanted content.
How to remove Api.mybrowserbar.com virus?
2-spyware research center recommends checking computer with automated removal tools to remove Api.mybrowserbar.com virus and other related PUPs. If it has been redirecting you to its affiliate websites, you should think what free program have you just installed on your computer. The easiest way to find all of them and remove them from the system is to use a guide below:
You can remove Api.mybrowserbar.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Api.mybrowserbar.com from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Api.mybrowserbar.com from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Api.mybrowserbar.com from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Api.mybrowserbar.com from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Api.mybrowserbar.com from Safari
Remove Api.mybrowserbar.com from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Api.mybrowserbar.com from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Api.mybrowserbar.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Api.mybrowserbar.com from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Api.mybrowserbar.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Api.mybrowserbar.com from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Api.mybrowserbar.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Api.mybrowserbar.com removal.
Remove Api.mybrowserbar.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Api.mybrowserbar.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Api.mybrowserbar.com removal.
Remove Api.mybrowserbar.com from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Api.mybrowserbar.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Api.mybrowserbar.com removal.
Remove Api.mybrowserbar.com from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Api.mybrowserbar.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Api.mybrowserbar.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Api.mybrowserbar.com removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Comments on Api.mybrowserbar.com redirect
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.