AV Protection Online is a rogue anti-spyware program that displays fake security alerts and claims that your computer is infected by viruses. The rogue program enters a computer with the help of trojans and other malicious software. Users can install this malware manually as well without even realizing that AV Protection Online is a fake security product. It can be promoted via infected websites and fake online virus scanners too. This virus may restrict access to security related websites and block antivirus programs. Once installed, it runs fake system scan and usually reports six infections on every infected computer. When a program reports the same infections on different computers it can not be trusted. AV Protection Online displays fake security alerts to scare you into thinking that there are numerous malware on your computer that may steal your credit card details or even delete your files. None of this is true. Use the removal instructions below to remove AV Protection Online from your computer as soon as possible.
Fake AV Protection Online security alerts:
Warning! Infection found
Unwanted software (malware) or tracking cookies have been found during last scan. It is highly recommended to remove it from your computer.
Keylogger Zeus was detected and put in quarantine.
Keylogger Zeus is a very dangerous software used by criminals to steal personal data such as credit card information, access to banking accounts, passwords to social networks and e-mails.
Warning: Spyware Detected
Windows has found spy programs running on your computer!
Click here to update your Windows antivirus software
AV Protection Online is from the same family as Cloud Protection malware. Without a doubt, AV Protection Online is nothing more but a scam. Don't install or purchase this program. If you have already purchased it then contact your credit card company and dispute the charges. Then please use the removal instructions below to remove AV Protection Online from your computer either manually or with an automatic removal tool. Manual removal can be somehow complicated. Besides, there might be a rootkit on your computer that will download the rogue program onto your PC again. We recommend scanning your computer with with an automatic removal tool. This will ensure that all malware is removed from the system. Also, use a reliable antivirus program to protect your computer from new malware and internet threats.
To help AV Protection Online removal, follow these steps:
1. Find AV Protection Online icon on your desktop and click on it with a right button of your mouse.
2. Choose Properties and look for the field showing the file and folder name. The folder should have such or similar name: C:\Windows\System32\. In the meanwhile, file name should be completely random.
3. Open the location C:\Windows\System32\ in explorer.
4. Rename the file in the folder which is shown in Target field (step 2).
5. Reboot your computer and see if AV Protection Online is launched (it shouldn’t be).
6. Open the same location again and delete the file.
7. Scan with automatic removal tool and complete AV Protection Online removal. If you are not allowed to download/update anti-malware, try to uncheck the check box ‘Use a proxy server for your LAN’ in the browser.
AV Protection Online manual removal
%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Cloud Protection\
%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Cloud Protection\Cloud Protection.lnk
Comments on AV Protection Online
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.