What is Awesome HP?
Awesome HP (also known as Awesomehp.com) is a very suspicious search engine, which is mostly propagated with a help of free downloads. You can agree to install this program unconsciously when downloading PDF creators, download managers and similar applications from the Internet. There are many security vendors who decided to give this program a ‘virus’ or 'potentially unwanted program' label. It seems that the main reason why they decided to do that is that Awesome HP hijacker may initiate various issues on computer: this program may infiltrate the system without your permission asked; it may hijack each of your browsers; it may easily alter your homepage or default search engine; it may try to display forged search results; it may block legitimate search sites and search engines; you may notice an increased amount of commercial pop-up ads, etc. Sounds impressive, right? Besides, Awesome HP may track your browsing on the web and may collect personally non-identifiable information. In most of the cases, such programs collect data, which is related to people's browsing habits. Nevertheless, they may also collect information, which is related to people's email addresses, their PCs' IP addresses, location, etc. If you noticed Awesome hp redirects on each of your web browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc), you should check your computer with reputable anti-spyware. Otherwise, you may be tricked into visiting a suspicious website that may try to trick you into downloading other suspicious application. In most of the cases, such hijackers are used to promote websites that want to increase their page rank or sales but there are hundreds of people who report about redirects to unknown websites that tricked them into downloading toolbars, questionable web browser plugins and similar applications. How can you avoid that? After noticing Awesome HP existence on your computer, you should waste no time and download SpyHunter. After updating it, you should run a full system scan with it and get rid of suspicious programs and files.
How can Awesome HP hijack my computer?
Awesome HP virus can be downloaded from the Internet in a bundle with freeware and shareware as an optional download. However, it doesn't mean that you can't avoid it. You just need to pay more attention when installing freeware on your computer. When downloading such programs as Youtube Downloader HD, you should always choose Custom or Advanced installation and uncheck all check boxes that declare that you agree to make Awesomehp.com your homepage or say that you want to download optional downloads on your computer. Otherwise, Awesome HP virus can easily change your computer’s settings and start its annoying activity. If you noticed any annoying activity of this program, you should waste no time and follow this guide:
How to remove Awesome HP virus?
If Awesomehp.com has already appeared instead of your homepage or default search engine, it means that you are dealing with the browser hijacker. Please, do NOT leave it on your computer because there are lots of unwanted activities that it may try to initiate. For fixing your machine, you should follow this guide:
You can remove Awesome HP automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Awesome HP virus manual removal
Manual Awesome HP virus Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Awesome HP and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove Awesome HP from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Awesome HP from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Awesome HP or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Awesome HP from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Awesome HP or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall Awesome HP from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
Remove Awesome HP from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Awesome HP and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Awesome HP removal.
Remove Awesome HP from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Awesome HP and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Awesome HP removal.
Remove Awesome HP from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Awesome HP and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Awesome HP removal.
Remove Awesome HP from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Awesome HP or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Awesome HP removal process.
Step 3: Complete Awesome HP virus removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Awesome HP registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Awesome HP virus
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.