Awesome HP virus (also known as Awesomehp.com) is a malicious search engine, which is mostly propagated with a help of free downloads. You can agree to install this program unconsciously when downloading PDF creators, download managers and similar applications from the Internet. There are many security vendors who decided to give this program ‘virus’ or PUP label. It seems that the main reason why they decided to do that is that it may initiate various issues on computer: Awesome HP virus may hijack your browsers, alter your homepage or default search engine, display forged search results, block legitimate search sites, show commercial pop-up ads or track your browsing and collect personally identifiable information. If you noticed Awesome hp redirects on your browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc), you should check your computer with reputable anti-spyware.
How can Awesome HP virus infiltrate my computer?
Awesome HP virus can be downloaded from the Internet in a bundle with freeware and shareware as an optional download. However, it doesn't mean that you can't avoid it. You just need to pay more attention when installing freeware on your computer. When downloading such programs as Youtube Downloader HD, you should always choose Custom or Advanced installation and uncheck all check boxes that declare that you agree to make Awesomehp.com your homepage or say that you want to download optional downloads on your computer. Otherwise, Awesome HP virus can easily change your computer’s settings and start its annoying activity. If you noticed any annoying activity of this program, you should waste no time and follow this guide:
How to remove Awesome HP virus?
If Awesomehp.com appeared instead of your homepage or default search engine, Awesome HP virus has infiltrated your computer. Follow this guide and remove it from there:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for AwesomeHP and other recently installed applications, and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find Awesome HP and similar entries, and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- No click 'Settings' -> 'Manage search engines' and change your default search engine.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use
QR code for Awesome HP virus removal instructions:
QR is short for Quick Response. They can be read quickly by the mobile phones. QR codes can store more data than standard barcodes, including url links, geo coordinates, and text.
The reason we add QR code to the website is that parasites like Awesome HP virus are really hard to remove on infected computer.
you can quicly scan the QR code with your mobile device and have manual removal instructions to uninstall Awesome HP virus right in your pocket.
Simply use the QR scanner and read removal instructions from mobile device.