What is Browser Guardian App?
Browser Guardian App is a program that is promoted as a totally valuable application. Those who have already installed it on the system were convinced that it is capable of protecting them during their surfing. Unfortunately, its developer fails to mention that Browser Guardian App may not only try to block malicious websites and programs seeking to infect their computers. It may also start tracking their browsing sessions, display continuous pop-up ads and cause redirects to affiliate websites. That's why security experts decided to start calling this program a potentially unwanted application and included it to the database of their programs. If you are annoyed by Browser Guardian App redirects, popup ads and other activities that are initiated by it, you should scan your computer with reputable anti-spyware.
How can Browser Guardian App hijack my PC?
Browser Guardian App can be installed on the system consciously and not. As we have already mentioned, you can download it on your computer thinking that it will improve your browsing. However, in most of the cases people download it in a bundle with other programs. If you want to avoid unexpected Browser Guardian App virus appearance on the system, you should pay more attention to freeware's installation. Be sure to choose only Custom or Advanced installation at first. Also, follow every installation step and look for suspicious sentences 'warning' you about installation of various plugins, add-ons and extensions. Please uncheck them in order to avoid appearance of Browser Guardian App on each of your web browsers.
How to remove Browser Guardian App virus?
No matter that Browser Guardian App is not as dangerous as rogue anti-spyware or ransomware, you should be very careful with it. If you fall for its ads, it can easily redirect you to insecure websites, trick you into downloading suspicious programs on the system and initiate other unwanted activities on your computer. For fixing it, you should just follow these easy steps and make sure you get rid of Browser Guardian App virus..
- Scan your computer with a reliable anti-spyware program. We recommend using Reimage, PlumbytesWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
- Remove Browser Guardian App from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Browser Guardian App or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Remove Browser Guardian App extension from your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ → ‘Manage Add-ons’ → ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries, such as Browser Guardian App, and click 'uninstall'.
3. Once you remove it, change your start page.
Reset your Internet Explorer (Optional):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’ → ‘Extensions’.
2. Find suspicious-looking entries, such as Browser Guardian App, and click ‘Uninstall’.
3. After that, change the start page.
Reset your Mozilla Firefox (Optional):
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools → Extensions.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar extensions like Browser Guardian App and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
3. Don't forget to change start page.
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Browser Guardian App virus
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.