Browser Guardian is a browser add-on, which was developed by Intriguing Apps. According to its developer, this program is designed to help people avoid viruses and other cyber threats that may be hiding in malicious websites. Sounds really convincing, right? However, after installing Browser Guardian on the system, it becomes clear that this program can also work as a tracking cookie that collects information about people's browsing habits, such as mostly visited sites, data that is entered on them, etc. By the way, this add-on may start displaying continuous pop-up notifications or may try to redirect you to related websites. Finally, we have to mention that Browser Guardian is actively spread in a bundle with other applications, so you may discover it installed on your PC without your approval. If you know what we have in mind, you are highly recommended to remove Browser Guardian from your computer.
How can Browser Guardian hijack my computer?
As we have already mentioned, Browser Guardian is actively spread using other programs. There is no secret that there are thousands of add-ons, toolbars and other applications that are spread around as 'additional downloads'. In most of the cases, they are attached to various free applications that agree to be involved to the distribution of such programs for monetization. However, you need to remember only three things for getting ability to avoid Browser Guardian virus and similar unwanted programs that may be installed on your CP behind your back. First of all, when downloading freeware from the web, you have to read end user license agreement and make sure that program is safe and harmless. In addition to that, choose Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware and carefully follow every installation step. Finally, opt out of every add-on, extension, plugin, toolbar, etc.
How to remove Browser Guardian?
If you noticed that Browser Guardian hijacked each of your web browsers, you should waste no time and follow these steps. They will help you to fix your computer:
- Uninstall Browser Guardian from your computer:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Browser Guardian, Coupon Saver or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Fix your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon -> 'Manage Add-ons'.
2. Here, look for Browser Guardian and other unfamiliar entries, and remove them.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Add-ons' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select Browser Guardian and other unknown entries, and select trash icon to delete these entries.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for Browser Guardian or other unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use