Bundesamt für Polizei virus (also called as CIBS POL. virus) is a Germain ransomware infection from Ukash virus group. The only thing it seeks is to get users' money, so it locks their systems down and then displays a misleading alert based on fake information about law violations detected. Bundesamt für Polizei virus uses a name of governmental organization and claims that user has to pay the fine for illegal activity on his computer. It's almost impossible not to notice this virus because it disables any access to the desktop and forces you to read its forged notification that requires to pay a fine of 100 Euros for unlocking the PC. However, no matter that this notification doesn't seem to be malicious, after paying the fine you won't have your machine unlocked. If you want to forget about this scam, you must remove Bundesamt für Polizei virus from the system. Of course, from the first sight this may seem to be a hard task but powerful spyware removal program will help you to eliminate it.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Bundesamt für Polizei virus?
Bundesamt für Polizei virus is mostly spread via spam emails and their attachments – it can be downloaded and installed after opening a fake attachment found on such letter. However, it must also be added that you can get infected with Ukash viruses through other means, like fake video/audio codecs and software updates, so be aware. Once Bundesamt für Polizei virus gets inside the system, it shows a window with camera, which tells that user's photos, videos and similar files will be used for identification. Additionally, it claims that most of the files violate the law of copyrights and lists two money transferring systems (Ukash and Paysafecard) below the screen of the camera. Here's what this sneaky message says:
Ihr Computer wurde gesperrt!
Die Funktion Ihres Computer wurde aufgrund unerlaubter Internethandlungen auβer Kraftgesetzt.
Die Summe der Geldbuβe betrāgt 100 Euro. Die Bezahlung muss innerhalb von 48 Stunden nach Kundgabe des Verstoβes entrichtet wird, wird automatisch ein Strafverfahren gegen Sie eingeleitet.
ACHTUNG! Ihr Computer ist aus einem oder mehreren der unten aufgeführten Gründe gesperrt.
Sie haben gegen das Gesetz über «Urheberrecht und verwandte Schutzerchte» (Video, Musik, Software) verstoßen und unrechtmäßig urheberrechtliche Inhalte genutzt, bzw. Verbreitet und somit gegen Art. 128 des Schweizerischen Strafgesetzbuches verstoßen....
While Paysafecard and Ukash are legitimate prepayment systems, it seems that they have been included into malicious activity of Ukash viruses. We highly recommend not to fall for this ransomware because it has nothing to do with any authoritative institution and remove Bundesamt für Polizei virus as soon as possible.
HOW CAN I REMOVE Bundesamt für Polizei virus?
When trying to remove Bundesamt für Polizei virus, you may find that you are blocked from getting on the Internet. Because of that, you won't be capapble to download anti-malware program and remove infected files from the system. However, if you have the Internet connection on your computer, download STOPzilla, SpyHunter that will remove infected files from your computer.If you are blocked, follow these options:
* Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download STOPzilla, SpyHunter or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with Ukash virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with Ukash viruses are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual Ukash virus removal (special skills needed!):
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable Ukash virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware to remove remaining virus files.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use