What is Conduit virus?
Conduit virus is a suspicious search engine that has initiated lots of problems for PC users. If you are interested in computers, you may have already noticed that this name has been involved to various discussions on the Internet. The main reason, why PC users report about this program and claim that it is a virus, is its unexpected appearance and annoying activity that it likes to initiate. Beware that all these pop-up ads, redirects, slow downs and other activities that are typically initiated by this program are used by its owners just to earn some revenue from advertising. However, there is no guarantee that you won't be tricked into visiting a questionable website that is used for spreading questionable programs. Besides, when infected with Conduit redirect virus, you may notice that you can barely browse the Internet without redirects and pop-up ads. You may see that almost every search session, which is initiated by you, ends up on unknown website. If Conduit has already replaced your start page and/or the default search engine to Search.conduit.com, Storage.conduit.com, Trovi.com or Trovigo.com, you should waste no time and scan your computer with a reputable anti-spyware. While Conduit virus is not as dangerous as rogue anti-spyware or ransomware, it should definitely be eliminated from the system. It is especially recommended if it has appeared on the system out of nowhere. For that you can either follow a manual Conduit removal guide below or use automatic removal option. You can easily remove this hijacker with a help of SpyHunter or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
HOW CAN CONDUIT HIJACK MY COMPUTER?
Conduit hijacker is a suspicious search engine, so there is no surprise that it has been distributed using shady distribution methods. Typically, its distribution is mostly associated with freeware and shareware, which can be filled with various components in exchange for money. That's how it may appear on your computer without being noticed. However, there have been seen various claims that state that Conduit may also get inside the system with a help of malware. While we can't guarantee that, you should make sure that our computer is protected by a reputable anti-spyware. In addition, if you want to avoid this redirect virus, you should be very careful when downloading such programs as video recording software, download managers and PDF creators. Typically, when installing freeware on your computer you should find the check box, which notifies about Conduit and uncheck it. This checkbox should appear during program's installation process after selecting Custom or Advanced installation method, so try to pay more attention to that and make sure that you choose this option. If you think you have already been affected by Conduit virus, you should follow a detailed guide given below and remove this application from your computer.
HOW TO REMOVE CONDUIT VIRUS?
If you have been suffering from continuous search.conduit.com redirects, pop-up ads and other unwanted activities, it may be that your has been infected by Conduit virus. In order to remove it, follow these steps:
You can remove Conduit automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Conduit virus Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Conduit and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Conduit or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Conduit or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall Conduit from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Conduit and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Conduit removal.
from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Conduit and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Conduit removal.
from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Conduit and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Conduit removal.
from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Conduit or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Conduit, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Conduit removal process.
Step 4: Complete Conduit virus removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Conduit registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Conduit virus
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.