Conduit virus is a dangerous computer program, which was involved to many discussions on the Internet. The main reason, why PC users report about this program, is its annoying activity, which is used by its owners to earn some revenue from advertising. When infected with Conduit virus, you may notice that you can barely browse the Internet because every search session is redirected to sponsored websites. In addition, it may change your start page and default search engine to Search.conduit.com or Storage.conduit.com, show continuous advertisements and simply initiate slow downs on the browser. We must say that Conduit virus is not as dangerous as rogue anti-spyware or ransomware, but it should definitely be eliminated from the system if you want to use your computer without problems.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH CONDUIT VIRUS?
Conduit virus is distributed using shady distribution methods. Typically, it relies on freeware and shareware when it needs to come on its target computer without being noticed. However, it may also get inside the system with a help of malware. If you want to avoid this redirect virus, you should be very careful when downloading such programs as video recording software, download managers and PDF creators. Typically, when installing freeware on your computer you should find the check box, which notifies about Conduit and uncheck it. This checkbox should appear during program's installation process, so try to pay more attention to it. If you think you are infected with Conduit virus, follow a detailed guide given below and remove this application from your computer.
HOW TO REMOVE CONDUIT VIRUS?
If you suffer from continuous redirects to search.conduit.com or similar websites, your PC is infected with Conduit virus. In order to remove it, follow these steps:
- Uninstall this program via Add/Remove Programs:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Search Protect by Conduit, Conduit and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Remove Conduit add-on from IE and Mozilla Firefox browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall Search Protect by Conduit and other entries that may be unknown for you.
Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before instead of Conduit Search.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find Search Protect by Conduit and other unknown entries and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find Conduit Apps and other unknown extensions and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- No click 'Settings' -> 'Manage search engines' and change your default search engine.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use
QR code for Conduit virus removal instructions:
QR is short for Quick Response. They can be read quickly by the mobile phones. QR codes can store more data than standard barcodes, including url links, geo coordinates, and text.
The reason we add QR code to the website is that parasites like Conduit virus are really hard to remove on infected computer.
you can quicly scan the QR code with your mobile device and have manual removal instructions to uninstall Conduit virus right in your pocket.
Simply use the QR scanner and read removal instructions from mobile device.