What is Coupon Companion?
Coupon Companion is a sneaky application, which is also known as 'adware' and 'potentially unwanted program'. The main reason why it is called like that is its distribution method, which relies on freeware and shareware. Besides, Coupon Companion may easily start various system modifications for getting ability to show its ads and notifications. These ads may start appearing every time you enter a shopping site or even when you simply start your browsing. Finally, we must also notify you about suspicious redirects to affiliate websites, slowdowns, recording of people's browsing habits and other inconveniences that may be initiated by this program. It's hard to avoid them, because Coupon Champion is compatible with all main web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc. So, as you may have already understood, this program doesn't need user's approval when it decides to enter the PC system. If you have already started seeing its offers when visiting such websites as ebay, Wallmart, Best Buy and similar shopping sites, you should be concerned because it might be that Coupon Companion adware has already infiltrated your machne. Of course, you can install this PUP consciously as well because it is actively promoted as a valuable shopping herper. However, we do not recommend that because most of its ads include suspicious links that may lead you to suspicious websites.
HOW CAN Coupon Companion hijack MY COMPUTER?
As it has been already said, Coupon Companion may start reporting you about various coupons, offers and deals as soon as it gets inside its target PC system. There are two methods for that: the first one requires going to the official Coupon Companion's site and downloading it from there. However, we don't recommend this. By the way, there is also another way how you can get this program on your PC. This may happen even if you don't want this. This method is based on free applications that have typically been filled will 'additional' components included to 'optional' installs in exchange for money. In order to avoid Coupon Companion and similar adwares, you should always be attentive during the installation process of the freeware and deselect anything what is not familiar for you. For that you should opt for Custom or Advanced installation method. If you have recently noticed Coupon Companion redirects, pop-up ads, slow downs and other unwanted things on your PC, you should double check your computer for adware-type programs. Basically, you will need to get rid of all those applications that have 'save', 'sale', 'coupon' and similar terms in their name. Besides, users who installed this program consciously should think twice whether it's worth keeping such program installed on their computers. As you may have already understood, we don't recommend that.
HOW TO REMOVE Coupon Companion virus from PC?
When trying to get rid of Coupon Companion redirects to unknown websites, annoying pop-up ads, slow downs and similar issues, you should follow these steps. As you can see, you have two different options when trying to remove this adware-type program from your computer.
You can remove Coupon Companion automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Coupon Companion Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Coupon Companion and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Coupon Companion or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Coupon Companion or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall Coupon Companion from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Coupon Companion and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Coupon Companion removal.
from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Coupon Companion and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Coupon Companion removal.
from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Coupon Companion and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Coupon Companion removal.
from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Coupon Companion or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Coupon Companion removal process.
Step 3: Complete Coupon Companion removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Coupon Companion registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Coupon Companion
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.