What is CursorMania?
CursorMania or Cursor Mania is one of potentially unwanted program that was created by a well known developer FunWebProducts. This program is spread in a form of toolbar, which is compatible with Internet Explorer, google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and other web browsers. We don't recommend installing this program on your computer because it may cause lots of unwanted activities on your computer. First of all, it may alter your start page and the default search engine what can lead you to continuous redirects to Mywebsearch and other unknown search sites. No matter that they look just like Google or Bing, they should be avoided because they are mostly used to show people ad-supported content and trick them into visiting suspicious websites. Beware that you should stay away from such sites because there is no guarantee that they are safe and not used for spreading malware. In addition, just like any other FunWebProducts adware, Cursor Mania adware may start tracking your browsing on the web and may collect your search terms, mostly visited websites, data that you enter when visiting your favorite sites, your email address, computer's IP address, its location, etc. While you may think that this information can't be used for dangerous activities, it can.
No matter how useful Cursormania virus looks (it promises to help people improve their browsing on the web by showing them new mouse cursor images), it should be avoided. Please, be careful when downloading freeware on your computer because this can lead you to the infiltration of this adware. It is has already showed up on your machine, you can remove it with the help of SpyHunter. It should be detected as a potentially unwanted program or an adware.
How can CursorMania hijack my computer?
The way how you can install CursorMania on your computer is really simple – in most of the cases users download it in a bundle with freeware and shareware as an optional component. Of course, you can also install this program manually but we really don't recommend that. Otherwise, you may start suffering from annoying pop-up ads, in-text links and banner ads during your browsing. If ads by CursorMania don't scare you, you should also keep in mind that this program may start tracking your browsing on the web and may collect your search terms or mostly visited websites. If you want to avoid unexpected appearance of this adware on your computer, you have to keep in mind that this program can be installed together with other programs without any visible permission asked. That's why you should always select Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware and then try to monitor the whole installation process. You should uncheck all check marks that claim that you want to make MyWebSearch your homepage or the default search engine.
How to remove CursorMania virus?
If CursorMania has infiltrated your computer, we don't recommend leaving it there because it may lead you to various issues on your computer. In order to avoid CursorMania redirects, slow downs and other problems, use a guide below.
You can remove Cursor Mania automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Cursor Mania manual removal
Manual Cursor Mania Removal GuideQuick menu:
Step 1: Uninstall Cursor Mania and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove Cursor Mania from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Cursor Mania from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Cursor Mania or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Cursor Mania from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Cursor Mania or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall Cursor Mania from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
Remove Cursor Mania from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Cursor Mania and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Cursor Mania removal.
Remove Cursor Mania from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Cursor Mania and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Cursor Mania removal.
Remove Cursor Mania from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Cursor Mania and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Cursor Mania removal.
Remove Cursor Mania from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Cursor Mania or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Cursor Mania removal process.
Step 3: Complete Cursor Mania removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Cursor Mania registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Cursor Mania
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.