Cyber Command of New York virus is a serious cyber infection, which is responsible for collecting money for cyber criminals. That's why it locks down computers as soon as it infiltrates them and then displays a huge warning that asks to pay a fine. Note that this warning may look really professionally for you: in most of the cases, it is filled with various logos, names of existing governmental organizations and similar content. Besides, it reports about exiting law violations that were supposedly done by a user. However, before you believe this warning and pay a fine, you have to realize that neither USA Cyber Crime Investigations, nor Cyber Command of New York does collect fines in such way. This is a huge scan, which is used to trick PC users. You must ignore this fake warning and remove ransomware from your computer.
HOW CAN I GET INFETCED WITH Cyber Command of New York virus?
Cyber Command of New York virus is mostly spread by trojans that infiltrate computers in a bundle with illegal programs and updates. Besides, ransomwares have also been actively spread with a help of spam, so be very careful when opening an email from unknown sender. As soon as this tojan infiltrates computer, it immediately download malicious files that belong to Cyber Command of New York virus. As a result, victim starts seeing such alert:
USA Cyber Crime Investigations
Cyber Command of New York
Your computer has been blocked up for safety reasons listed below.
You are accused of viewing/storage and/or dissemination of banned pornography (child pornography/zoophilia/rape etc). You have violated World Declaration on non-proliferation of child pornography.
You are accused of committing the crime envisaged by Article 161 of United States of America criminal law.
The penalty set must be paid in course of 48 hours as of the breach. On expiration of the term, 48 hours that follow will be used for automatic collection of data on yourself and your misconduct, and criminal case wilt be opened against you. Amount of firm is 300$. You can settle the fine with MoneyPak or MoneyGram xpress Packet vouchers.
We highly recommend ignoring this warning, because it is filled with useless information. For unblocking your PC, follow this guide:
HOW TO REMOVE Cyber Command of New York virus?
If you are infected with Cyber Command of New York virus you may find several problems that are related to its removal. That's why it hides all icons on the desktop, disconnects Internet connection and also blocks legitimate security programs. However, you can use instructions that are given below and unblock your computer. Don't forget scanning it with updated anti-spyware after that.
If you can't reach Safe Mode, follow this guide:
- Reboot your infected computer.
- Click Start -> Run and enter http://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe (if your are blocked by ransomware, press alt+tab and continue entering this address)
- A warning that belongs to ransomware may show up again. In this case, press Alt+Tab and “R” as much as needed.
- Install anti-malware and run a full system scan to remove malicious files from the system.
Manual Cyber Command of New York virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable thisI virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus or other reputable anti-spyware to remove remaining files.
Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download Reimage or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with Cyber Command of New York virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with these ransomware threats are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
Cyber Command of New York virus manual removal: