Defaultsear.ch is another search engine, which is closely related to browser hijacker. In most of the cases, this virus sneaks inside the system without any sign and starts initiating annoying redirections on all Internet browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and others. If you have also been rerouted to Defaultsear.ch, we recommend leaving this site and using more reputable search engine, such as Google or Bing. The main reason why we give you this tip, is that Defaultsear.ch or other unfair search engines tend to return altered search results that additionally reroute people to related websites. In addition, they also tend to show annoying pop-up ads that are filled with malicious links.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Defaultsear.ch REDIRECT VIRUS?
Defaultsear.ch redirect virus can easily attack its target PC system in a bundle with third party software, such as freeware and shareware. If you want to prevent such infiltration, you should avoid default installation option when downloading free software. We recommend choosing custom installation method and unchecking all unfamiliar entries that show up. As soon as hijacker gets inside the system, it affects each of Internet browsers by changing the homepage and default search engine there. In addition, it starts redirecting users to unknown websites and also interrupts them with various pop-up ads. Please, do NOT ignore such things on your computer! Follow this guide and remove Defaultsear.ch redirect virus ASAP.
HOW TO REMOVE Defaultsear.ch REDIRECT VIRUS?
You can remove Defaultsear.ch redirect virus by checking the system with updated anti-spyware. For that, we recommend using Reimage. As soon as you finish the scan, follow these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Defaultsear.ch and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Finally, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall Defaultsear.ch if you find the entries that may be related to it.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find Defaultsear.ch and other entries that could be related to it and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click on the ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’ icon, select ‘Options’ -> ‘Basic’ and change the homepage to google.com or other.
- Click the ‘Manage search engines…’ -> choose ‘Google’ and make it the default search engine.