What is Delta-search.com?
Delta-search.com is a questionable search engine, which may initiate various issues on your computer. In most of the cases, people report about its continuous redirects to unknown websites that promote various goods and services. Nevertheless, you should also know that this search site may show you altered search results, try to slow down each of your browsers, cause tons of annoying pop-up ads and may even start tracking your browsing on the web from getting more knowledge about your search habits. If you want to stay safe and avoid these issues, you should know that Delta-search.com redirects appear during people's browsing only after they install related browser add-on on their computers. In most of the cases, such programs are spread in a bundle with freeware and shareware, which should be monitored for getting ability to avoid them. So, it means that your browser is not guilty for this issue. In reality, that's because of the Delta-search.com virus that may infiltrate your computer unnoticed and then may alter needed system settings.
Please, do NOt fall into thinking that delta-search.com or similar search engine (delta-homes.com, Search.certified-toolbar.com, etc.) is a normal search engine! If you don't want to visit suspicious and clearly unsafe websites, you should stay away from it. If you have just found yourself on this or similar search engine without any intention to do that, you should leave it because it may not only show you altered search results. It may also trick you into installing such related adwares and browser hijackers as Delta Search Toolbar. In addition, it may start slowing each of your web browsers and may even start tracking you during your search sessions. For eliminating Delta-search.com related viruses, you should install Reimage and run a full system scan with it.
How does Delta-search.com spread around?
As we have mentioned, Delta-search.com redirect virus may infiltrate your computer without any permission asked because its distribution relies on a suspicious technique, which is known as bundling. Beware that this hijacker may hide inside freeware, shareware and similar software, which is promoted for free, so you should start monitoring its installation. How can you do that? In order to prevent Delta-search.com redirects and keep your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.) protected, you should always select Custom or Advanced installation of the freewae. After doing so, make sure you uncheck all checkboxes that claim that you want to make Delta Search your homepage or your default search engine. To sum up, it's clear that owners of this page are using unfair methods for promoting their search engine. If you are familiar with this problem and have been suffering from Delta Search redirects for a while, you should keep reading to know how can you remove this hijacker from your computer.
Removing potentially unwanted program (browser hijacker) from the system:
If you have found Delta Search virus on your computer and you know that you haven't installed it by yourself, you have to follow this guide below and get rid of this suspicious application. Please, do NOT postpone this because there are lots of unwanted activities that can be initiated by Delta-Search.com. Besides, you may also be tricked into installing other browser hijacker, an adware-type program and similar PUP on your computer when keeping Delta-Search.com on your computer. Believe us, you should never trust it and use it for your search sessions.
You can remove Delta-search.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Delta-search.com from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Delta-search.com from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Delta-search.com from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Delta-search.com from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Delta-search.com from Safari
Remove Delta-search.com from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Delta-search.com from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Delta-search.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Delta-search.com from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Delta-search.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Delta-search.com from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Delta-search.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Delta-search.com removal.
Remove Delta-search.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Delta-search.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Delta-search.com removal.
Remove Delta-search.com from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Delta-search.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Delta-search.com removal.
Remove Delta-search.com from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Delta-search.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Delta-search.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Delta-search.com removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Delta-search.com redirect
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.