What is Delta Search virus?
Delta Search virus, also known as Delta Search and Delta-search.com redirect, is a popular infection that keeps spreading around at the moment of writing. Typically, it is categorized as a browser hijacker because it is capable of causing such activities as infiltrating systems without the knowledge of their owners, altering computers' settings, blocking certain websites, showing altered search results and causing annoying redirections to unknown websites. In order to make you visit these affiliate domains against your will, Delta Search virus can easily show you altered search results that may be filled with various links, ads and similar content. Please, do NOT click these ads because they may trick you into visiting dangerous websites that can lead you to the infiltration of other cyber threats. If Delta Search hijacker infiltrates the system, it starts its activity with some changes that are made in computer's DNS settings, the default search engine, the new tab page and the home page. It can be said that this virus affects all browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome) that are installed on the PC at once, so you may find serious difficulties when trying to avoid delta-search.com. While it may seem for you that this domain is like a normal search engine, we don't recommend trusting it because it may show you altered search results. In addition, just like any other search engine, it may start tracking your browsing habits and may return altered search results. If you want to avoid this, you should run a full system scan with updated anti-spyware. Reimage will help you to make sure that all suspicious programs are gone.
How does Delta Search infiltrate computers?
Removing Delta Search from the system:
If you think that you may be infected with this virus, you should waste no time and check your computer with updated anti-spyware. That's the most reliable way to make sure that all suspicious files and programs are gone and you are not dealing with them when using your computer. Of course, you can also use our manual removal guide given below. However, in this case you should try to be very careful and perform each of these steps in right order. Otherwise, you may remove useful components from your PC system that can lead you to additional issues related to your computer. What issues can start bothering you? There are lots of them: system slow downs, redirects to unknown websites, unwanted pop-up ads and even tracking of your browsing activity and collecting related information.
You can remove Delta Search automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Delta Search from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Delta Search from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Delta Search from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Delta Search from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Delta Search from Safari
Remove Delta Search from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Delta Search from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Delta Search or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Delta Search from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Delta Search or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Delta Search from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Delta Search and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Delta Search removal.
Remove Delta Search from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Delta Search and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Delta Search removal.
Remove Delta Search from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Delta Search and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Delta Search removal.
Remove Delta Search from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Delta Search or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Delta Search, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Delta Search removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Delta Search virus
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Delta Search virus
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.