Den Svenska Polisen It-sakerhet Ukash (also called as Den Svenska Polisen It-Säkerhet virus) is another ransomware, which is targeting PC users living in Sweden. We have already mentioned about more frequent infections, called FBI Moneypak or Celas virus, that are designed to infect English-speaking regions. Just like these threats, Den Svenska Polisen It-sakerhet Ukash uses the same malicious scheme based on a huge alert that locks computers down and requires paying the fine for unlocking them. However, though it looks like it was displayed by Swedish police, you should never fall for paying the fine through Ukash, Moneypak or other prepayment system given on the alert. Den Svenska Polisen It-sakerhet Ukash is all about deceiving PC users and trying to rip them off. Instead of paying 500 of Swedish Krona around $75) as a fine, you should remove Den Svenska Polisen It-sakerhet Ukash from your computer.
HOW PEOPLE GET INFECTED WITH Den Svenska Polisen It-Säkerhet virus?
You can get infected with this ransomware just like with any other cyber threat. It can be an infected letter with an attachment, freeware or shareware, or simply a pop-up advertisement displayed on a hacked website. As soon as it is downloaded, Den Svenska Polisen It-sakerhet Ukash locks computer down so that you can’t do anything about it. It displays its huge alert that tries to create an image that computer has been investigated by the Swedish Police and claims that now user has to pay a 500 of Swedish Krona fine for using copyrighted content, spreading malware or watching pornographic videos. However, all these ‘crimes’ are invented and seek only to mislead users into paying these fines. Here is what this Den Svenska Polisen It-sakerhet Ukash virus claims:
Den Svenska Polisen It-Säkerhet
All aktivitet på den här datorn har registrerats.
Om du använder en webbkamera sparas videor och bilder för identifiering.
Datorn har låst!
Bötesbeloppet är kr500. Betalning skall ske inom 48 timmar efter överträdelsen upptäcktas. Om böterna inte betalas kommer brottmålet automatiskt mot dig.
efter böterna betalas kommer din dator att frigöras.
Be sure that all this information has nothing to do with legitimate Police institution. It displays completely fictitious information and seeks only to get you out of your money. However, ignoring this alert is not enough because users are always locked down and disabled from using their computers. In order to make them normal again, you should firstly unlock your computer and then remove Den Svenska Polisen It-sakerhet Ukash virus from it.
HOW CAN I REMOVE Den Svenska Polisen It-Säkerhet virus?
Firstly, you can prevent intrussion of this virus by ignoring all the spam letters and never opening their attachments. In addition, stop wasting your time with freeware and use reputable anti-virus and anti-spyware programs to prevent such viruses like Den Svenska Polisen It-sakerhet Ukash. However, if you have already been infected, follow these steps to unlock your computer:
- Take another machine and use it to download Defender Pro Ultimate Security Suite, SpyHunter or other reputable anti-malware program.
- Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
- In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
- Reboot infected computer once more and run a full system scan with anti-malware again.
You can also try these variants:
* Users infected with Den Svenska Polisen It-sakerhet Ukash virus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual Den Svenska Polisen It-sakerhet Ukash virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable Ukash virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated SpyHunter to remove remaining virus files.
We might be affiliated with any product we recommend on the site. Full disclosure in our Agreement of Use.
and agreement of use