Desktop Weather Alerts is a free application, which is supposed to warn people about latest weather changes and other air conditions. However, after installing its plugin on the system, it becomes clear that this program may also start displaying notifications that are not related to weather. These ads are typically filled with sponsored links that are supposed to make people visit specific websites and increase their web traffic or sales in this way. Beware that these ads may also redirect you to unknown websites, cause infiltration of other PUPs and slow down your browsers. That's why we highly recommend avoiding Desktop Weather Alerts ads and uninstalling this adware from the system.
How can Desktop Weather Alerts infiltrate computer?
Desktop Weather Alerts is available at various download websites. However, it is mostly spread in a bundle with freeware and shareware. This distribution method is unfair because people are hardly warned how many programs they will install on their computers. If you want to avoid such downloads, you have to choose a Custom or Advanced installation when installing freeware on your computer. In addition, you have to uncheck these check boxes that say that you agree to install Desktop Weather Alerts and similar adware. If it infiltrates your computer, it affects all web browsers that can be found on the system. That's why you may find out that avoiding Desktop Weather Alerts has become a serious task.
How to remove Desktop Weather Alerts?
If you want to remove 'Desktop Weather Alerts' pop-up from your computer, you should uninstall this freeware from your computer. For that, follow this guide:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
- When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for DesktopWeatherAlerts and other recently installed free applications and uninstall them.
- Click OK to save the changes.
After that, you should fix each of your web browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
- Here, look for Desktop Weather Alerts and other unknown extensions and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
We also recommend scanning your computer with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to make sure that your machine is free of viruses. For that we recommend using SpyHunter or STOPzilla.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use
QR code for 'Desktop Weather Alerts' pop-up removal instructions:
QR is short for Quick Response. They can be read quickly by the mobile phones. QR codes can store more data than standard barcodes, including url links, geo coordinates, and text.
The reason we add QR code to the website is that parasites like 'Desktop Weather Alerts' pop-up are really hard to remove on infected computer.
you can quicly scan the QR code with your mobile device and have manual removal instructions to uninstall 'Desktop Weather Alerts' pop-up right in your pocket.
Simply use the QR scanner and read removal instructions from mobile device.