What is Desktop Weather Alerts?
Desktop Weather Alerts is a free application, which is supposed to warn people about latest weather changes and other air conditions. However, after installing its plugin on the system, it becomes clear that this program may also start displaying notifications that are related not only to weather. These ads are typically filled with sponsored links that are displayed just for making people to visit specific websites and seeking to increase their web traffic or sales in this way. So, as you can see from the beginning of this post, this program can hardly help you to know about weather changes and similar things. Even more, you should take into account that Desktop Weather Alerts ads may also redirect you to unknown websites because the developers of such programs are hardly checking what third parties they promote thru their ads. Finally, just like any other browser add-on, Desktop Weather Alerts adware may start collecting data about your browsing habits. It may collect information about your mostly visited websites, data that you enter when visiting them, your PC's IP address, location, your email address, etc. This activity is not as harmless as you may thought from the first sight. No matter that such data is considered as personally non-identifiable, it may be revealed to suspicious third parties that may try to use it for very questionable activities.
To sum up, you should think twice before installing Desktop Weather Alerts on your computer because, as you can see, it may be related not only to harmless activities. If you have been suffering from Desktop Weather Alerts ads, you should try not to click them. Also, you should think about the removal of this adware if you want to avoid tracking of your personally non-identifiable information and similar activities on your computer. You can do that with the help of these programs: Reimage (compatible with Windows OS) or Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus (compatible with Windows OS and Mac OS X).
How can Desktop Weather Alerts hijack my computer?
Desktop Weather Alerts is available at various download websites as a useful browser add-on that can be used for getting more knowledge about weather changes. However, it is mostly spread in a bundle with freeware and shareware. This distribution method is unfair because people are hardly warned how many programs they will install on their computers. If you want to avoid such downloads, you have to choose a Custom or Advanced installation when installing freeware on your computer. In addition, you have to uncheck these check boxes that say that you agree to install Desktop Weather Alerts and similar adware. If it infiltrates your computer, it affects all web browsers that can be found on the system. That's why you may find out that avoiding Desktop Weather Alerts has become a serious task.
How to remove Desktop Weather Alerts ads?
If you want to remove 'Desktop Weather Alerts' pop-up from your computer, you should uninstall this freeware from your computer. For that, follow this guide:
You can remove 'Desktop Weather Alerts' pop-up automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove 'Desktop Weather Alerts' pop-up from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove 'Desktop Weather Alerts' pop-up from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove 'Desktop Weather Alerts' pop-up from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove 'Desktop Weather Alerts' pop-up from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove 'Desktop Weather Alerts' pop-up from Safari
Remove 'Desktop Weather Alerts' pop-up from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove 'Desktop Weather Alerts' pop-up from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for 'Desktop Weather Alerts' pop-up or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove 'Desktop Weather Alerts' pop-up from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for 'Desktop Weather Alerts' pop-up or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove 'Desktop Weather Alerts' pop-up from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for 'Desktop Weather Alerts' pop-up and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete 'Desktop Weather Alerts' pop-up removal.
Remove 'Desktop Weather Alerts' pop-up from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select 'Desktop Weather Alerts' pop-up and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete 'Desktop Weather Alerts' pop-up removal.
Remove 'Desktop Weather Alerts' pop-up from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select 'Desktop Weather Alerts' pop-up and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete 'Desktop Weather Alerts' pop-up removal.
Remove 'Desktop Weather Alerts' pop-up from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for 'Desktop Weather Alerts' pop-up or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete 'Desktop Weather Alerts' pop-up removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on 'Desktop Weather Alerts' pop-up
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.