What is Do-search?
Also known as Do-search, Do-search.com is an untrustworthy search engine, which is mostly used to return altered search results for PC users. Besides, it may also cause continuous pop-up notifications on your desktop and slow down each of your web browsers that you like to use. After hijacking Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and other web browsers, this program starts promoting affiliate parties. It does that by showing altered search results that are mostly filled with affiliate links. After clicking them, you may be tricked into visiting affiliate websites that seek to increase their page rank or sales. Beware that Do Search redirects may also trick you into visiting suspicious, questionable and very unsafe websites that are used for spreading malware. Finally, we must add that this program may start tracking your browsing on the web and may collect information, which is related to your browsing habits. If you don't want to reveal your email address, PC's IP address, its location and similar information, you should stay away from Do Search virus.
So, no matter how trustworthy this search site looks, you should be really careful when using it because you may be redirected to insecure or infected website that will make you install unknown software. Typically, Do-search affects all web browsers that are installed on computer, so switching from Google Chrome to Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer may fail to work for you. If you want to feel safe when searching on the Internet, we recommend you to continue using reputable search sites, such as Reimage or other known anti-spyware. This will help you to remove Do-search from your computer and will also help you to make sure that your machine is totally safe and there are n malicious programs that may have been caused by the use of Do-search hijacker.
HOW CAN Do-search hijack MY COMPUTER?
Do-search infiltration is closely associated with freeware and shareware. You can prevent it by paying more attention to the whole installation process of the freeware and unchecking the check box, which agrees to download Do-search to computer. If you want to get such ability, you should select only Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware and then uncheck pre-checked check marks. If you think that you have already missed this check mark, Do-search will get inside the system and will start initiating changes in it. Typically, it alters homepage and default search engine settings but it may also download various toolbars and add-ons on your machine as well. As a result, you may notice that you can't use Google, Yahoo, Bing and other popular search engines. Instead of entering these websites, you may notice annoying redirections to Do-search.com and other unknown websites. That means that your computer is affected by adware. In order to fix that, you should remove Do-search from the system.
HOW TO REMOVE Do-search virus?
Redirections to Do-Search.com and other websites might be a dangerous because you may be forced to visit infected website. In order to stop them, we recommend following these steps:
You can remove Do-search automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Do-search from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Do-search from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Do-search from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Do-search from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Do-search from Safari
Remove Do-search from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Do-search from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Do-search or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Do-search from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Do-search or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Do-search from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Do-search and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Do-search removal.
Remove Do-search from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Do-search and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Do-search removal.
Remove Do-search from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Do-search and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Do-search removal.
Remove Do-search from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Do-search or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Do-search, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Do-search removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Do-search
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.