What is Dosearches.com?
Dosearches.com (also known as Do Searches) is an untrustworthy search engine, which is mostly used for promoting affiliate websites and third parties that control them. That's why it may try to return irrelevant search results during your searches. In addition, people who have been using this search engine for some time claim that it may also start displaying an increased amount of commercial ads, may slow down each of web browsers and may initiate other unwanted activities on your computer. No, we don't claim that it's a malicious program, which can ruin your PC system. However, it can easily initiate havoc on it for making you to visit specific sites. No matter that it looks like Google or other trustworthy search engine, you should be very careful when using Do Searches Search because it may also start tracking your browsing on the web and may collect information, which is related to your search terms, mostly visited websites, data that you enter on each of web sites, etc. If you have already noticed that this search engine on each of your web browsers (it may hijack Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and other browsers), you may expect to see a new start page and default search engine. After that, you may start suffering from Dosearches.com redirects and other unwanted activities that may interrupt each of your browsing sessions. In this case, you should waste no time and remove this questionable search engine from your computer. For that you can easily use Reimage or other reputable anti-spyware.
HOW CAN DOSEARCHES HIJACK MY PC SYSTEM?
There are many users who claim that Do Searches is a virus. They report that it has showed up on their computers without a clear permission asked and that it can't be removed from the system using a traditional method. They are wrong because this search engine can hardly infiltrate computer thru its backdoors. In most of the cases, it is spread using bundling. This method is closely related to free downloads, such as PDF creators, video streaming software, video recording software and similar freeware. In order to prevent Dosearches infiltration, you should remember that freeware and shareware is always filled with optional components and may also be set to offer changes for the start page and the default search engine. That's why we highly recommend monitoring installation process of such programs and unchecking these check marks that suggest such changes. For that, you should always select Custom or Advanced installation method. Once DoSearches gets inside the system, it may immediately show up instead of the start page or default search engine. You may also notice redirects to unknown sites and commercial pop-up notifications. In order to get rid of them, you should remove Do Searches from the system. For that, follow a guide below:
HOW TO REMOVE DO SEARCHES virus?
People, who downloaded Do Searches on their computers accidentally, should remove it. For that, they can easily follow these manual removal steps or may simply opt for automatic removal method:
You can remove Dosearches.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Dosearches.com from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Dosearches.com from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Dosearches.com from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Dosearches.com from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Dosearches.com from Safari
Remove Dosearches.com from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Dosearches.com from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Dosearches.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Dosearches.com from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Dosearches.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Dosearches.com from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Dosearches.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Dosearches.com removal.
Remove Dosearches.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Dosearches.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Dosearches.com removal.
Remove Dosearches.com from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Dosearches.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Dosearches.com removal.
Remove Dosearches.com from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Dosearches.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Dosearches.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Dosearches.com removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Dosearches.com
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Dosearches.com
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.