Dosearches.com (also known as Do Searches) is an untrustworthy search engine, which is used to return irrelevant search results, display commercial ads and initiate other unwanted activities. No, we don't claim that it's a malicious program, which can ruin your computer. However, it can easily initiate havoc on it for making you visit specific sites and make the money from that. No matter that it looks like Google or other trustworthy search engine, you should be very careful when using Do Searches. If you noticed that this search engine has already replaced your start page and default search engine, you should waste no time and remove dosearches.com from each of your computer. In addition, try to rely on more reputable search engines when browsing on the Internet.
HOW CAN DOSEARCHES GET INSIDE THE SYSTEM?
There are many users who claim that Do Searches is a virus that showed up on their computers without a clear permission asked. They are wrong because the main method, which is used to spread this search engine, is closely related to free downloads. In order to prevent Dosearches.com's infiltration, you should remember that freeware and shareware is always set to offer for the user to change the start page and default search engine. That's why we recommend monitoring installation process of such programs and unchecking these check marks that suggest such changes. Once DoSearches gets inside, it immediately shows up instead of the start page or default search engine. You may also notice redirects to unknown sites and commercial pop-up notifications. In order to get rid of them, you should remove Do Searches from the system. For that, follow a guide below:
HOW TO REMOVE DO SEARCHES?
People, who downloaded Do Searches on their computers accidentally, should remove it. For that, you can either run a full system scan with SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware or follow these steps:
First of all, eliminate Do Searches via Add/Remove Programs list:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Do Searches and other unknown entries, and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Additionally, remove Do Searches add-on from your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
- Here, look for DoSearches and similar entries, and click 'uninstall'.
- After that, change the start page to get rid of dosearches.com.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’.
- Find Do Searches and similar entries, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Once you do that, don't forget to change the start page.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions.
- Here, look for Do Searches and other unknown extensions and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
- After that, change the settings of your start page.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use
Modern viruses are really hard to remove. They have random file names, random registry entries, they can immitale legal products and files.
Removal instructions sometimes can't Help to remove infection manually. Please take a look at our discussion where users like you share they experience in fighting the parasite: