What is Downloadju.com?
Downloadju.com is a marketing platform, which is typically used for displaying commercial ads during people's browsing. Unfortunately, it can be applied not only for displaying useful notifications. According to PC security experts, Downloadju.com ads may also mislead you into thinking that your PC is full of issues and that you need to download some free software for fixing it. Of course, such programs should never be downloaded to the system because they can additionally initiate issues on it. Besides, Downloadju.com ads may also try to redirect you to affiliate websites that seek to increase their page rank or sales. If they have started occurring for you out of nowhere and have completely ruined your browsing routine, you should be concerned because it is one of the most obvious signs showing that your computer is hijacked by adware-type program. In this case, you shouldn't waste your time because cyber crooks may use Downloadju.com virus in order to trick you into downloading various ad-supported applications, such as different shopping helpers, toolbars and other suspicious programs. How can you spot a fake ad that belongs to this marketing platform? In most of the cases, such ads report about missing updates for such programs as Java, Adobe, Flash, Media Player, etc. They claim that one of these programs is out of date and then offer downloading it for free. No matter how harmless it sounds, you should avoid such offers. In fact, if you have already agreed to install such fake update, your computer might be at a serious risk of malware. For fixing this, you should waste no time and scan it with the reputable anti-spyware. We recommend using SpyHunter.
How can Downloadju.com hijack my computer?
Usually, potentially unwanted programs that are related to annoying Downloadju.com ads are mostly spread using a very deceptive way that is called bundling. To be more precise, Downloadju.com virus may be distributed via freewares and sharewares that are downloaded by PC users each day. That's how they earn the money. This method is still working because PC users fail to check what programs they are installing on their computers and what components are hiding in them. If you are installing a questionable freeware, you should be more attentive. If you fail to spot such unwanted attachments, such as Downloadju.com-related browser plugins, extensions, toolbars, etc., you may suffer from annoying advertisements every time when you open any of your web browsers. For avoiding this, you should opt for Custom or Advanced installation option when installing freeware on your computer. After that, you should opt out of previously mentioned components and finish your installation. Of course, the final thing that we recommend is having a reliable anti-spyware program that protects computer all the time and prevents infiltration of suspicious programs.
How to remove Downloadju.com virus?
In worst case scenario, Downloadju.com ads may redirect you to an unsafe website that is filled with malicious files. Therefore, don't hesitate and remove this intruder as soon as possible. These simple steps will help you:
You can remove Downloadju.com pop-up automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Downloadju.com pop-up virus Removal GuideQuick menu:
Step 1: Uninstall Downloadju.com pop-up and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove Downloadju.com pop-up from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Downloadju.com pop-up from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Downloadju.com pop-up or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Downloadju.com pop-up from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Downloadju.com pop-up or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall Downloadju.com pop-up from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
Remove Downloadju.com pop-up from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Downloadju.com pop-up and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Downloadju.com pop-up removal.
Remove Downloadju.com pop-up from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Downloadju.com pop-up and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Downloadju.com pop-up removal.
Remove Downloadju.com pop-up from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Downloadju.com pop-up and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Downloadju.com pop-up removal.
Remove Downloadju.com pop-up from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Downloadju.com pop-up or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Downloadju.com pop-up removal process.
Step 3: Complete Downloadju.com pop-up virus removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Downloadju.com pop-up registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.