DownTango: what is it for?
DownTango virus is an adware type program, which is NOT malicious but possesses some questionable features that can hardly be welcomed by the PC users. First of all, this program is promoted as a free download manager, with a help of which, you can download software from the Internet. Of course, as in the case of similar adware programs, such claims are not true. No matter that this program is presented as a handy browser's downloading tool, and is recommended by Cnet and Softpedia, you may find it useless and quite annoying, because it can easily affect all your Internet browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. This application not only lacks the advertised functionality but may also trigger different system errors, lure other infections into your system and even spy on your browsing. DownTango removal is a key to stopping these activities from taking place on your computer. Professional antivirus tools, such as Reimage, may be helpful for this purpose.
Talking about the technicalities of this program, it is important to note that when this virus infiltrates the computer, it may install additional components on the infected browsers. Usually, the users will notice a DownTango launcher toolbar pinned to the top of the browser window. This toolbar serves several purposes. First, with the help of this app, the DownTango adware can inject annoying sponsored ads into the browser without much trouble. More importantly, this malicious addition to your browser makes sure that the virus stays on the computer even after attempting to delete it. That is why DownTango uninstall should be entrusted to the reputable virus-fighting utilities, which will banish this toolbar and the virus itself from your device.
You might be wondering why we refer to DownTango ads in a negative sense. Because after all, they seem to offer some good bargain deals and almost-too-good-to-be-true prices. However, you should not be tricked. These ads are just a deceptive facade. In reality, interacting with them may be really dangerous. One of the most commonly reported problems it the DownTango redirect issue. It relates to the fact that the ads may not disclose their true intentions and may be linked to some dangerous sites. In other words, the innocent-looking ads may be a cause of major problems on your PC. Because of these reasons, it is highly recommended to remove DownTango from the computer as soon as possible.
How can this virus infect my PC?
DownTango software is promoted online and can be easily installed manually. However, other way how you can download this toolbar is, again, quite deceptive. DownTango hijack can occur after downloading this virus bundled along with other freeware and shareware applications. That's why it is highly recommended paying attention to every installation window and blocking all unwanted software when downloading something. Once this adware gets inside the PC, it alters some PC's settings and starts interrupting user's browsing sessions. That results in the continuous appearance of Tango Toolbar Search once Google Chrome is opened and annoying redirections to such websites as search.certified-toolbar.com, downtango.com and similar. If you have also accidentally found DownTango launcher on your browser, and you don't find it useful, delete it without hesitation.
DownTango removal recommendations:
First and foremost, to remove DownTango from your computer successfully, you will have to use reputable antivirus tools. Of course, manual removal option is also possible, yet we understand that it may seem too complicated for the less experienced users. If, however, you are willing to eliminate the virus from your computer manually, you can check the comprehensive, step-by-step DownTango removal guide provided just below this article. Otherwise, you can simply obtain an antivirus software and scan your computer to detect and remove DownTango and its related components automatically.
You can remove DownTango automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove DownTango from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove DownTango from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove DownTango from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove DownTango from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove DownTango from Safari
Remove DownTango from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove DownTango from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for DownTango or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove DownTango from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for DownTango or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove DownTango from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for DownTango and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete DownTango removal.
Remove DownTango from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select DownTango and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete DownTango removal.
Remove DownTango from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select DownTango and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete DownTango removal.
Remove DownTango from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for DownTango or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete DownTango removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of DownTango
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on DownTango
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.