What is Eazel Search?
Eazel Search is not a virus. Nevertheless, there are lots of security experts and security vendors who claim that this search engine should be called as a browser hijacker or a potentially unwanted program. Why are we so mean? That's because this search site may enter your computer in a bundle with other programs and then may easily alter your start page or default search engine. Once it does that, you may notice that you can't use Google, Yahoo, bing or other search engine anymore. Please, be very careful with Eazel Search because it is not similar to these search engines. When trying to look for information, it may start showing for you altered search results. If you have just discovered Search.eazel.com or Eazel.com on your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or other web browser, you should avoid it and never click on search results that it gives. Besides, just like many other search engines, it may be used by its owners to track users in order to get more information about their browsing habits. This search engine may collect information about your mostly visited websites, data that you enter when visiting them, your search terms, etc. If you don't want to reveal such data, you should never fall for installing Eazel Search hijacker on your computer. If you have been suffering from redirects, pop-up ads, slow downs and similar issues, you shouldn't ignore them because you may be redirected to a really suspicious website that may trick you into revealing your personal information. No matter how safe and trustworthy this search engine looks, you should get rid of it. For that you can use SpyHunter.
HOW CAN Eazel Search hijack my computer?
Eazel Search is spread just like any other browser hijacker. Typically, it may enter your machine in a bundle with freeware and shareware, such as Eazel Smartbar, Eazelbar Helper or any other unrelated freeware. That's why security experts recommend avoiding such applications, or checking each of their installation steps at least. Once you see an option: 'Make search.eazel.com my homepage' or similar, you should uncheck it. For getting such ability, you should always select Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware. If Eazel Search virus manages to get inside your computer, it may affect each of your browsers. If you have already noticed that, you should immediately check your PC for this redirect virus.
HOW TO REMOVE EAZEL SEARCH VIRUS?
If you think that your PC is infected with Eazel Search virus, you have two options: you can scan your PC system with updated anti-spyware or you can follow this step by step guide, which is given down below. This guide will help you to eliminate Eazel Smartbar, Eazelbar Helper or other related programs. Nevertheless, to be sure that their related components are gone for good, you should rely on automatic removal option. This option will also help you to make sure that your PC is free of viruses, such as rogues, trojans, etc..
You can remove Eazel Search automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Eazel Search virus Removal GuideQuick menu:
Step 1: Uninstall Eazel Search and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove Eazel Search from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Eazel Search from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Eazel Search or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Eazel Search from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Eazel Search or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Remove Eazel Search from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall Eazel Search from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
Remove Eazel Search from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Eazel Search and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Eazel Search removal.
Remove Eazel Search from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Eazel Search and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Eazel Search removal.
Remove Eazel Search from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Eazel Search and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Eazel Search removal.
Remove Eazel Search from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Eazel Search or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Eazel Search, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Eazel Search removal process.
Step 4: Complete Eazel Search virus removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Eazel Search registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.