Severity scale: (44 / 100)
Variants: Ehks 2.0, Ehks 2.1, Ehks 2.2
From the publisher:
-= ev0luti0n HTTP keylogger 2.0 beta =-
~ expl0it_shad0w ~
Hey again all, im back with ehks v2beta. Ive changed this version alot. It seems by the feedback you guys gave me last time, that v1 wasent good. Most of the feedback was negative and it didnt work. And alot of you infected your selfs and asked me about where to find the missing (.dll). There was never a missing (.dll), it was a fake error meesage, like I stated in the readme file. Anyway Ive took out the fake error message this time, so you might have to bind it with another application/jpeg or whatever.
NOTE: DONT OPEN SERVER.EXE unless you want to infect your self....
Follow these instructions.
1. Rename 'Sever.exe' to what ever you want, make it convincing, not like 'TROJAN.exe' or 'KEYLOGGER.exe'.
2. Send it to them and tell them its a new hacking tool, NOTE: Try binding it with a real one. If you know how.
( Once the victim opens it, it hides in memory and records all the key stokes on the computer, so you can view them with an Internet Browser like MSIE. )
3> Connect to there machine on port 80 with an Internet browser, as stated above. Type in there IP address into it and just hit Enter. For example if the victims IP address was 127.0.0.1 you type in http://127.0.0.1 or just 127.0.0.1. There IP WONT be 127.0.0.1.
If you have Physical Machine Access, rather than remote, you can just opne up an internet browser on there machine and type in http://127.0.0.1 and this should bring it up.
Heres whats been added in version 2beta.
* Better Stealthing code - hopefully wont crash.
* Better Keylogging code - you can now see the windows handle and what they are typing in it.
* Better HTML log file - much more user friendly.
* Added Anti-firewall/Anti-AntiVirus - this will hopefully stop most firewalls and anti-viruses.
ehks v2.1 is simply a keylogger which lets you check the log files remotely via a web browser (e.g, Internet Explorer) Connect to there machine on port 80 with an Internet browser. This version is 100% Different, ive completely re-built it.
Supported Version of Windows, * win9x - Ive only tested on a 9x box, so if you guys are gonna test on a different machine, let me know im uncertain as to weather or nto it works win XP, some beta testers say yes, some say no, im looking, into this for the next version. The keylogger doesnt run under NT, I have tried, but feel free to try for your selfs, and give me feedback on the result.
Ehks has been 100% re-built. Heres whats been added/changed in version 2.1.
* Better Stealthing code - hopefully wont crash.
* Changed Keylogging code - you can now see the windows handle.
* Changed HTML log file - alot better, so people have said anyway.
* Added Anti-firewall/Anti-AntiVirus - this will stop most firewalls and AVS's
* Added Function to get dialup, share, and other chached passwords.
* Added Function to get Machine Info
* Multi-Log File Support - all log files have there own unique filename
* Added Mutex usegae, to stop cant write to file error's hopefully
• Takes and sends out screenshots of user activity
• Sends out logs by FTP or email
• Logs keystrokes
• Hides from the user
• Stays resident in background
Automatic Ehks removal:
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use
We are testing STOPzilla's efficiency at removing Ehks
Malwarebytes Anti Malware
We are testing Malwarebytes Anti Malware's efficiency at removing Ehks
We are testing XoftSpySE Anti Spyware's efficiency at removing Ehks
We are testing Defender Pro Ultimate's efficiency at removing Ehks
what to do if you failed to remove the infection?
Help Line to remove Ehks
Ehks manual removal:
client.exe, ehks21.exe, server.exe, spooi32.exe, ymupdater.exe
Delete registry values:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ software \ microsoft \ windows \ currentversion \ run \ spoolersubsystemprocess
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ software \ microsoft \ windows \ currentversion \ run \ ymupdater
client.exe, ehks21.exe, server.exe, evlog.dat, evo_12-11-22_11-20.html, smsg.html, spooi32.exe, ymupdater.exe
Geolocation of Ehks:
This map reveals the prevalence of Ehks. Countries and regions that have been affected the most are: Germany.
QR code for Ehks removal instructions:
QR is short for Quick Response. They can be read quickly by the mobile phones. QR codes can store more data than standard barcodes, including url links, geo coordinates, and text.
The reason we add QR code to the website is that parasites like Ehks are really hard to remove on infected computer.
you can quicly scan the QR code with your mobile device and have manual removal instructions to uninstall Ehks right in your pocket.
Simply use the QR scanner and read removal instructions from mobile device.
Information added: 2004-06-28 05:57:54
Information updated: 2004-11-11 05:12:48
Attention: If you know know a reputable website reated to security threats, please add a link here: add
Like us on Facebook
Latest spyware news:
Subscribe to spyware news