Facebook Desktop (can also be found as FBDesktop) is a potentially unwanted application, which comes in a bundle with other freeware. In is not related to Facebook in any way, no matter what is stated on its official website. As soon as it gets inside its target PC, it affects Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera web browsers by leaving its own plugin. We haven't noticed its ability to install the plugin on Internet Explorer, but it doesn't mean that it is not capable to do that as well. Once it gets inside the system, Facebook Desktop gives for its user ability to see what happens on his Facebook wall without entering this social network. However, this program will cause various pop-up ads and notifications. To sum up, we don't claim that Facebook Desktop or FBDesktop is malicious, but it clearly spreads via unfair distribution methods and then initiates unwanted system's changes. If you want to remove Facebook Desktop, continue reading this post.
HOW CAN FACEBOOK DESKTOP GET ON MY COMPUTER?
In most of the cases, Facebook Desktop is downloaded from its official website which belongs to Troy Technology Co., Ltd. However, just like Search.fbdownloader.com or other adwares, it can also sneak inside in a bundle with other programs that are offered on the Internet for free. We must add that Facebook Desktop plugin has nothing in common with Facebook Messenger, so you can disable once it gets inside. If you are one of these PC users who can't do that, follow a detailed guide given below to remove Facebook Desktop from your computer.
HOW TO REMOVE FACEBOOK DESKTOP?
If you want to remove FBDesktop (also knwon as Facebook Desktop), scan the system with updated anti-spyware. We recommend using Reimage or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus for that. You can also remove it manually by following these steps:
Get rid of unwanted entries from Add/Remove Programs list. For that follow these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Facebook Desktop or FBDesktop and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Finally, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- In the Mozilla Firefox address bar, type about:addons and click enter;
- Switch to plugins and find Facebook Desktop or FBDesktop;
- Click disable.
- In the Google Chrome's address bar, type chrome:\\plugins and click enter.
- Find Facebook Desktop and click disable.
- In the Opera's address bar, type opera:plugins,
- Find the Facebook Desktop plugin and hit disable.