HOW CAN Fast Browser Search hijack my computer?
Fast Browser Search is distributed via two different methods. In most of occasions, users download it just like any other program. However, it may also show up on your machine without asking a clear permission for that. In this case, you should know that you can download this browser hijacker in a bundle with other programs. According to security experts, it is mostly spread using download managers, video streaming software, video recording software, PDF creators and similar programs that are mostly spread on the Internet for free. If you want to prevent its infiltration, you should uncheck all checkboxes that agree to check your start page, new tab page and default search engine. In addition, you should also avoid installation of suspicious browser plugins, add-ons, extensions and plugins. For getting this ability, you should always opt for Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware. You should select one of these methods in the beginning of program's installation. If you have just noticed that your searches are redirected to Fast Browser Search, it means that this hijacker is already hiding in your computer. Please, do NOT ignore that as it may try to redirect you to unknown websites that are used for spreading questionable programs. In order to fix your computer, you follow the guide which is given below:
HOW TO REMOVE Fast Browser Search virus?
If you want to stop annoying fastbrowsersearch.com redirects, pop-up ads, slow downs and similar issues, you have to remove Fast Browser Search from your computer. For that, we recommend using automatic removal tools or following these steps:
You can remove Fast Browser Search automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Fast Browser Search from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Fast Browser Search from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Fast Browser Search from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Fast Browser Search from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Fast Browser Search from Safari
Remove Fast Browser Search from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Fast Browser Search from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Fast Browser Search or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Fast Browser Search from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Fast Browser Search or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Fast Browser Search from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Fast Browser Search and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Fast Browser Search removal.
Remove Fast Browser Search from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Fast Browser Search and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Fast Browser Search removal.
Remove Fast Browser Search from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Fast Browser Search and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Fast Browser Search removal.
Remove Fast Browser Search from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Fast Browser Search or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Fast Browser Search, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Fast Browser Search removal process.
Complete Fast Browser Search removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Fast Browser Search registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Fast Browser Search
Comments on Fast Browser Search
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.