FBI PayPal virus is a sneaky cyber threat, which belongs to the 'ransomware' category. Just like FBI virus, this threat presents itself as a legitimate message from the Federal Bureau of Investigation. However, FBI has nothing to do with this scam alert, which in reality belongs to scammers. In order to look more trustworthy, this virus shows victim's IP address, location, hacks computer's webcam and shows what's happening in the room. Additionally, it reports about various law violations and asks to pay the fine in order to remove the lock and avoid more serious consequences. As you can see, the main reason, why this threat has been invented, is the money, which is asked in a form of fine. Previous versions of FBI virus have been asking to pay this fine via Ukash, Paysafecard and Green Dot MoneyPak prepayment systems. However, now it seems that they have started using PayPal for their money transactions. Please, do NOT pay this fine because you haven't done anything illegal! In order to unblock your computer, you should remove FBI PayPal virus from the system.
Just like other ransomware viruses, FBI PayPal virus is distributed via hacked programs, such as freeware and shareware. Besides, spam or illegal sites may also be included to the distribution of this threat. As soon as it gets inside, this screen locker modifies the system and turns its target computer into a useless machine. Instead of getting on the Internet or launching your favorite programs, you will see only this huge alert that covers the entire PC's desktop:
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Your PC is blocked due at least one of the reasons specified below.
You have been violating Copyright and Related Rights Law. (Video, Music, Software) and illegally using or distributing copyrighted content, thus infringing Article 1, Section 2, Clause 8, also known as the Copyright of the Criminal Code of United States of America.
Article 1, Section 2, Clause 8 of the Criminal Code provides for a fine of 200 to 500 minimal wages or a deprivation of liberty for 2 to 8 years.
You have been viewing or distributing prohibited Pornographic content (Child Porn/Zoophilia and etc). Thus violating Article 2, Section 1, Clause 2 of the Criminal Code of United States of America.
Please, ignore this scam alert because it clearly seeks to mislead you into paying the fine. Firstly, paying the fine doesn't help to unblock computer and forget about this infection. In addition, you should be aware that governmental authorities like this one apply other, more sophisticated methods, for punishing their criminals. In order to fix your computer, you should remove FBI PayPal virus without any delay.
When trying to remove FBI Paypal virus, you have to unlock your computer first. In order to get an ability to scan your compromised computer with a decent anti-malware, follow these options:
* Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with FBI Paypal virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with FBI PayPal virus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual FBI Paypal virus removal:
QR is short for Quick Response. They can be read quickly by the mobile phones. QR codes can store more data than
standard barcodes, including url links, geo coordinates, and text.
The reason we add QR code to the website is that parasites like FBI PayPal virus are really hard to remove on infected computer. you can quicly scan the QR code with your mobile device and have manual removal instructions to uninstall FBI PayPal virus right in your pocket.
Simply use the QR scanner and read removal instructions from mobile device.
Information added: 2014-01-13 05:14
Information updated: 2014-01-13 05:14