What is Findwide?
Findwide is a potentially unwanted program, which can also be known as a browser hijacker. Once it gets inside its target PC system, it may start causing various unwanted activities. You may start dealing with redirections to search.findwide.com and other unwanted websites, slow downs, unbearable pop-up ads and similar activities. For getting ability to initiate them, this program needs to affect all web browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and others). It mostly does that with a help of freeware and shareware that allows such distribution technique in exchange for money. In addition, Findwide may change the homepage, the default search engine, the new tab page and the bookmarks list. Be aware that these changes are mostly used for initiating redirections to predetermined websites and helping them to increase visitors' traffic and other indicators. Nevertheless, you can't be sure that it won't redirect you to an insecure websites that may lead you to the infiltration of other suspicious software. Besides, Findwide and similar programs may try to track your browsing habits, mostly visited websites, data that you enter when visiting them, etc. It sai said that this information is collected in order to show relevant search results and commercial advertisements for PC users. Nevertheless, we don't recommend to ignore such activity on your computer.
To sum up, we do not recommend keeping Findwide or Findwide Toolbar on your computer or using it for your search sessions. If you decided to keep search.findwide.com as your default search engine or as your start page, you should take into account that you may start suffering from a great amount of pop-up ads and other interrupting things. In addition, this program may start tracking your browsing habits and may share this collected data with unknown parties. If it has showed up on your computer without your permission asked, you should waste no time and remove it. You can do that with a help of SpyHunter or other reputable anti-spyware.
HOW CAN FINDWIDE HIJACK MY COMPUTER?
Findwide is one of those search engines that are actively propagated via bundling and similar ways of distribution. The first thing that you have to remember is that there are hundreds of freewares that have been convinced to include some optional installs into them for monetization purposes. In order to get ability to see them and then opt out of them, you should select Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware. Also, you should follow every installation step very closely and opt out of suspicious components. If Findwide manages to get inside the system, it may change some of your system's settings that my lead you to the appearance of search.findwire.com instead of your default search engine, homepage and bookmarks. Please, do NOT ignore these changes because they clearly show that your PC is infected. You have to remove Findwide ASAP.
HOW TO REMOVE FINDWIDE virus?
If you suffer from continuous redirections to search.findwide.com, you are infected with Findwide virus. In order to remove it, follow these steps:
You can remove Findwide automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Findwide Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Findwide and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Findwide or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Findwide or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall Findwide from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Findwide and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Findwide removal.
from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Findwide and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Findwide removal.
from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Findwide and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Findwide removal.
from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Findwide or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Findwide, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Findwide removal process.
Step 4: Complete Findwide removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Findwide registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Findwide
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.