Findwide is a virus, which should also known as browser hijacker. Once it gets inside the system, it can start redirecting your searches to search.findwide.com and other unwanted websites. For that, it affects all browsers (IE, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome are included) and changes homepage, search engine and bookmarks list. Be aware that such redirections are used to increase the traffic to insecure websites and track users' browsing habits in order to show relevant search results and commercial advertisements. That's why we do not recommend keeping Findwide or Findwide Toolbar on your computer or using its promoted search engine for your search sessions. If you keep search.findwide.com as your default search engine, you may suffer from a great loss because it may start tracking your browsing habits and steal your personal information, such as loggins, passwords and banking details.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH FINDWIDE?
Findwide virus is propagated via several ways of distribution. The first one includes free applications that always have some optional installs included for monetization purposes. However, malware and spyware applications have also been noticed spreading Findwide on the Internet. As soon as it gets inside, this virus changes some of computer's settings that make search.findwire.com to appear instead of user's default search engine, homepage and bookmarks. Please, do NOT ignore these changes because they clearly show that your PC is infected. You have to remove Findwide ASAP.
HOW TO REMOVE FINDWIDE?
If you suffer from continuous redirections to search.findwide.com, you are infected with Findwide virus. In order to remove it, check your PC with updated anti-spyware first of all. In this case, try using STOPzilla or SpyHunter. Additionally, uninstall Findwide or Findwide toolbar and fix your browsers:
- Click 'Start' -> 'Control Panel -> 'Uninstall a Program' under 'Programs'.
- Choose 'Findwide' and select the 'Uninstall/Change' option.
- Click 'Yes' and 'OK' to save the changes.
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’.
- Choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’.
- Reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click on the ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’ icon, select ‘Options’ -> ‘Basic’ and change the homepage to google.com or other.
- Click the ‘Manage search engines…’ -> choose ‘Google’ and make it the default search engine.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use
QR code for Findwide removal instructions:
QR is short for Quick Response. They can be read quickly by the mobile phones. QR codes can store more data than standard barcodes, including url links, geo coordinates, and text.
The reason we add QR code to the website is that parasites like Findwide are really hard to remove on infected computer.
you can quicly scan the QR code with your mobile device and have manual removal instructions to uninstall Findwide right in your pocket.
Simply use the QR scanner and read removal instructions from mobile device.