FirstSearchBar (you can also find it as FirstSearchBar Toolbar) is a potentially unwanted application, which can be accidentally downloaded on your system in a bundle with other programs. That's why there are many PC users who call this program as virus or malware. In reality, it can only be named as adware or potentially unwanted application because it relies on unfair distribution technique and initiates some unwanted activities as soon as it gets inside the system. Beware that it may change your start page and default search engine, interrupt your search sessions with annoying pop-up advertisements, download additional programs, and cause browser's redirections on each of your web browsers. If you want to avoid these activities, you should stay away from FirstSearchBar.
HOW CAN FirstSearchBar GET INSIDE COMPUTER?
FirstSearchBar can be installed on the system just like any other application. However, it may also show up on your computer out of nowhere. In this case, it relies on freeware and shareware, and comes as additional download. Those, who seek to avoid FirstSearchBar's infiltration, should know that the key in avoiding it is to pay more attention to the installation process of the freeware and opt-out all unknown components. If FirstSearchBar manages to get in, there is a huge chance that soon you will discover its toolbar on your computer. Besides, it may try t o alter your default search engine and homepage settings in order to make you visit related websites.
HOW TO REMOVE FirstSearchBar?
Users who want to get rid of FirstSearchBar should follow these steps:
- Remove this program through Add/Remove Programs list at first:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for FirstSearchBar Toolbar and similar entries, and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Additionally, remove FirstSearchBar add-on from your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer) and change the start page:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
- Here, look for FirstSearchBar and similar entries, and click 'uninstall'.
- Change your start page if it was altered.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’.
- Find TFirstSearchBar and similar entries, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Change your start page back to normal.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions.
- Here, look for FirstSearchBar extension and get rid of it by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
- Get rid of Somoto.com and set another start page.
- Finally, run a full system scan with updated Reimage or other reputable security software and remove malicious entries from the system.