What is Freecorder?
Freecorder is a potentially unwanted program, which has also been labeled as adware. No matter that such programs are not considered malicious (don't even think that they are viruses), they may get inside your computer without your permission asked. This is implemented via unfair distribution method known as bundling. Of course, you can download this program from its official website as well, but it seems that this previously mentioned method, which is based on the freeware and shareware, is much popular. If you want to avoid unexpected installation of this software, make sure you check tips that are given in the next paragraph of this article. Besides, Freecorder is closely related to the Delta Search Toolbar, which has been announced on our website some time ago. Beware that it may also appear on each of your web browsers after downloading this program to your computer manually. After doing so, it may start causing continuous redirections to its affiliate sites, may show you various pop-up ads or may initiate other unwanted activities. Besides, you may find out that your homepage and default search engine has also been changed because of Freecorder. According to victims, it can be changed to delta-search.com, Mixidj.delta-search.com, yhs.delta-search.com or similar site. Please, do not ignore such changes because you may be redirected to seriously dangerous websites that may be infected with more serious viruses. If you have just discovered Freecorder on your computer, you should scan it with updated anti-spyware and rmeove suspicious files from youur PC system. For that we highly recommend using SpyHunter (Windows OS) or Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus (Mac OS X).
HOW CAN Freecorder hijack MY PC?
As we have said, Freecorder can be downloaded from its official or affiliate site. here, it is presented as a very useful application, which can be used for lots of different activities. However, we have serious doubts about this browser add-on and think that you should stay away from it as far as you can. Besides, if you decided to install Freecorder on your computer, you should note that you can also agree to install Delta Toolbar and related adwares/browser hijackers on your machine as well. In order to avoid that, you should always check every installation window of the software and uncheck pre-checked checkmarks that allow installation of optional components. For getting such ability, you should always select Custom or Advanced installation option when installing freeware on your computer. Besides, it has also been found that Freecorder may start tracking PC users' browsing activity after getting inside the system. It may collect such data as people's search terms, mostly visited websites, PC's IP address, its location and similar details. No matter that such data is considered as personally non-identifiable, we think that you should keep it for yourself.
HOW TO REMOVE Freecorder virus?
If you have just found Freecorder on your computer, have noticed changes in your default search engine or a homepage, you should get rid of it with all its related PUPs, includingdelta-search.com, mixidj.delta-search.com, etc. For that you can use these steps:
You can remove Freecorder automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Freecorder Removal GuideQuick menu:
Step 1: Uninstall Freecorder and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove Freecorder from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Freecorder from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Freecorder or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Freecorder from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Freecorder or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall Freecorder from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
Remove Freecorder from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Freecorder and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Freecorder removal.
Remove Freecorder from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Freecorder and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Freecorder removal.
Remove Freecorder from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Freecorder and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Freecorder removal.
Remove Freecorder from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Freecorder or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Freecorder removal process.
Step 3: Complete Freecorder removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Freecorder registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Freecorder
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.