FreeSoftToday is one of these programs that have many different labels: some PC security experts identify it as 'potentially unwanted program' or adware, others say that it's a virus. In fact, we could find several antivirus programs that have already decided to include FreeSoftToday to their data base. It seems that this decision was made because of program's unfair distribution method and annoying activity on its affected devices. If you noticed continuous redirects on your browser, annoying pop-up advertisements and other unexpected things, you should check your computer for FreeSoftToday because it might be that this program managed to infiltrate it. Note that it can appear not only on those machines that run Windows OS. It can also show up on machines that run OS X, iOS, and Android.
HOW CAN FreeSoftToday INFILTRATE MY COMPUTER?
FreeSoftToday is mostly distributed in a bundle with freeware and shareware. In order to avoid this app, you have to pay more attention to the installation process of such programs. Typically, you should find the check mark that agrees to install FreeSoftToday and deselect it. This can be done by choosing Custom or Advanced installation method of the freeware. If this program has already infiltrated your machine, we gues that you see continuous ads that are typically filled with information about various offers, coupons and discounts. Be sure that no matter how trustworthy they look, they are displayed for money making. We don't recommend leaving FreeSoftToday on the system.
HOW TO REMOVE FREESOFTTODAY?
If you noticed continuous pop-up notifications from FreeSoftToday, you should waste no time and check your computer with updated anti-spyware. For that we recommend using: STOPzilla, SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. Once you finish a scan, follow these steps and make sure that there are no leftovers of this program left:
You can also follow this guide and get rid of this adware manually:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for FreeSoftToday and similar unknown entries and select 'Uninstall/Change' if you see such entry.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Now, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall FreeSoftToday and similar entries that may be unknown for you.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find FreeSoftToday and similar unknown entries and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions. Here, look for FreeSoftToday or similar extension and get rid of it by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
- Click on wench icon, go to settings and choose 'Manage search engines'. Change search engine to google or other. Then Go to section “On start” and make sure you get blank page while creating new tab.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use