GiftHulk virus is a browser hijacker, which makes people visit Search.gifthulk.com against their will by leaving its own extension on all web browsers that are installed on the PC. Beware that you should be careful when using this site for your search sessions because it may return altered search results leading you to unwanted websites or illegal sites. Basically, i's almost impossible to miss the fact that GiftHulk virus has infiltrated the computer because as soon as it does that, it sets Search.gifthulk.com as a start page, default search engine and new tab page. Besides, it can also install Gifthulk toolbar on the PC without your permission asked. If you have noticed these symptoms, you should run a full system scan with updated anti-spyware to check the system for browser hijacker.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH GiftHulk virus?
You can get infected with GiftHulk virus without noticing that. In most of the cases, this virus comes from illegal/hacked websites that are always filled with various pop-up ads, freeware, underlined words and similar things. However, it may also get inside the system together with malware, so if your PC has been infected recently, you should check its system with updated anti-spyware. If GiftHulk virus manages to get inside the system, it modifies its settings and starts rerouting user's search sessions. You may notice changes in your start page, default search engine and new tab page. While this virus is not as dangerous as rogue anti-virus or ransomware, it can easily initiate mess on your computer. Please, don't let GiftHulk virus stay on your computer.
HOW TO REMOVE GIFTHULK VIRUS?
When trying to remove GiftHulk virus, you have not only scan your PC with updated anti-spyware and get rid of browser hijacker, but you should also follow this step-by-step guide:
1. Remove GiftHulk virus from Add/Remove Programs list. For that follow these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for GiftHulk and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
2. Fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall GiftHulk and other entries that are unknown for you.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find GiftHulk and other entries that are unknown and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click on the ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’ icon, select ‘Options’ -> ‘Basic’ and change the homepage to google.com or other.
- Click the ‘Manage search engines…’ -> choose ‘Google’ and make it the default search engine
3. Run a full system scan with Reimage and make sure that you have fully eliminated GiftHulk virus.