What is govome.com?
govome.com is a sneaky search engine, which may appear on each of your web browsers without an appropriate permission asked. After doing so, it may start causing lots of annoying activities that are mostly used for affiliate marketing. The biggest problem about this site is that it relies on unfair distribution methods that are based on the virus known as browser hijacker. In addition, it may display altered search results that may trick you into visiting unknown and very suspicious websites. That's why you should stay away from this search engine as far as you can. As soon as it gets inside the system, this questionable application may try to alter some of your computer's settings, including the homepage, the default search engine and similar settings. As a result, you may discover Govome virus on your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and other browsers that are installed on the system. After trying to open any other search engine, you may notice that you can't use it as you have been doing that before. Finally, beware that this program may try to track your browsing habits and collect what terms you use when searching the web, what websites you like to visit the most, what is your email's address or PC's location. Please, do NOT agree with such activity because you may start noticing an increased amount of spam and other unwanted things that may appear to you after some time. To sum up, if you have been using this search engine, you should stop doing that because it may show you altered search results that may be with links to commercial websites, gambling sites and other places. In addition, it may start tracking you, it may collect information, which is related to your searches and may initiate lots of other activities. If this sounds familiar for you should download SpyHunter right away. After that, you should update this program and scan your machine with it.
How can GOVOME.COM hijack my computer?
govome.com redirects and other issues may start bothering you as soon as related browser addon infiltrates the system. As we have already mentioned, this PUP may get inside your PC system without your permission asked. It may come together with other malicious programs or may even be installed together with freeware and shareware. Once it gets inside, this virus modifies the system and affects all the browsers that can be found on it. Please, do NOT ignore unwanted changes on your computer because they may lead you to more serious problems, such as dangerous viruses' infiltration. To sum up, you should check your PC for a browser hijacker and remove govome.com virus from the system if you are usually redirected to this site.
HOW TO REMOVE GOVOME.COM VIRUS?
First thing that we have to recommend when trying to remove Govome is running a full system scan with a reputable antispyware. Of course, you can also follow manual removal steps that are given below and get rid of this program manually but in this case you should try to be very careful and attentively follow every step:
You can remove govome.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual govome.com Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall govome.com and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for govome.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for govome.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall govome.com from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for govome.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete govome.com removal.
from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select govome.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete govome.com removal.
from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select govome.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete govome.com removal.
from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for govome.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by govome.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete govome.com removal process.
Step 4: Complete govome.com removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of govome.com registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.