Highlightly is a potentially unwanted program, which can easily get on your nerves. That's because it displays continuous pop-up advertisements, shows banner ads and uses other methods for making people visit specific websites and increasing their visitors' number. If you want to avoid this marketing platform, you have to keep in mind that you must be focused on programs' installation process when you are downloading them from the Internet. Typically, you should uncheck these check marks that agree to install 'additional downloads', 'free additions' and similar components. Otherwise, you may notice continuous notifications, commercial ads and similar things that will try to interrupt into your browsing.
HOW CAN Highlightly INFILTRATE MY COMPUTER?
No matter that Highlightly should never be called 'virus' or 'malware', beware that this program can show up on your computer out of nowhere. That's because it's distributed in a bundle with freeware and shareware. We have already explained how can you avoid its installation. If you missed this check mark that says 'I agree to install Highlightly on my computer', you can expect that it will occupy each of your browsers. In addition, you may notice continuous banner ads and pop-up notificatons every time you enter a shopping site. No matter that it may sound harmless for you, beware that this program may also be used to track your browsing activity, redirect to insecure sites and initiate other insecure activities.
HOW TO REMOVE Highlightly?
If you were tricked into downloading Highlightly, please follow these instructions and remove this freeware from the system:
- Uninstall all programs that are related to Highlightly:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Highlightly and similar entries.
- Click 'Uninstall' and OK to save the changes.
- Fix each of your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall Highlightly and other unknown extensions.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find Highlightly and similar entries and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find Highlightly and other unknown extensions, and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Manage search engines' and change your default search engine.
- Finally, check your PC with anti-spyware. For that we recommend using either SpyHunter or STOPzilla.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use
QR code for Highlightly removal instructions:
QR is short for Quick Response. They can be read quickly by the mobile phones. QR codes can store more data than standard barcodes, including url links, geo coordinates, and text.
The reason we add QR code to the website is that parasites like Highlightly are really hard to remove on infected computer.
you can quicly scan the QR code with your mobile device and have manual removal instructions to uninstall Highlightly right in your pocket.
Simply use the QR scanner and read removal instructions from mobile device.