What is Holasearch.com?
Holasearch.com is an unfair search engine, which can easily try to return for you altered search results and, with a help of them, may redirect you to its affiliate websites. That's because it is an ad-supported application that is used for showing commercial content and helping for third parties to increase their popularity. However, that's not the ned of this story. It seems that Holasearch.com hijacker can also infiltrate the system in a bundle with other programs as an optional component. After doing so, it may hijack every web browser, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc. Beware that all these modifications are initiated without people's knowledge and consciousness. As a result, you may discover holasearch.com instead of your homepage and the default search engine or may even discover Hola Search bar installed on each of browsers as well. That's why Holasearch.com has already been added to the browser hijacker and potentially unwanted program category.
While we can't claim that this program is a virus or malware, holasearch.com shouldn't be trusted and should never be used instead of the default search engine and the start page. Otherwise, there is no guarantee that you won't be redirected to questionable websites that are promoted just for helping them to increase their page rank or sales. Of course, we can't also declare thatHolasearch.com redirects won't trick you into visiting suspicious and even dangerous websites. Please, keep in mind that this search engine has been created for monetization purposes. If you are willing to receive legitimate search results, you should remove Holasearch.com hijacker form each of your web browsers (Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and other ones). This will also help you to avoid redirects to unknown websites, slow downs, various pop-up ads and similar inconveniences. Finally, beware that holasearch.com may also try to collect information about your browsing habits. Typically, this program is interested in people's search terms, mostly visited websites and data that they enter when visiting them.
If you want to get rid of Holasearch.com, you should scan your PC with updated anti-spyware and remove browser hijacker from the system. For that we recommend using SpyHunter (compatible with Windows OS) or Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus (compatible with Windows and Mac OS X).
How can Holasearch.com hijack my computer?
Holasearch.com can be easily downloaded to the system manually. However, the mostly used method for its distribution is called bundling. Beware that just like delta-homes.com or Bobrowser, this virus can easily infiltrate your computer in a bundle with freeware and shareware. If you don't want to download Hola Search bar accidentally, you should start monitoring the installation of third-party software. You should try to pay more attention to the installation process of download managers, PDF creators and similar programs by selecting Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware. After doing so, you should uncheck all suspicious check marks that can appear during the installation of the software. If Holasearch.com enters computer, it can modify the system and can easily initiate constant redirections to unknown pages, slow downs, tracking, etc. You can stop this by removing this browser hijacker from the system. For that, follow these steps:
HOW TO REMOVE Holasearch.com virus?
You can remove Holasearch.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Holasearch.com Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Holasearch.com and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Holasearch.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Holasearch.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall Holasearch.com from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Holasearch.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Holasearch.com removal.
from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Holasearch.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Holasearch.com removal.
from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Holasearch.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Holasearch.com removal.
from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Holasearch.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Holasearch.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Holasearch.com removal process.
Step 4: Complete Holasearch.com removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Holasearch.com registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.