Home.tb.ask.com is a sneaky search engine that may show up on your web browsers out of nowhere. That's because it is closely related to the third-party software, which is typically used to help scammers promote redirect viruses, adware applications and other potentially malicious programs. Similarly to Ask.com, home.tb.ask.com affects each of the web browsers as soon as it gets inside the PC. Besides, it alters computer's settings and makes this site as a start page and default search engine. As a result, home.tb.ask.com starts showing up every time you start your browsing session. The main reason, why security experts recommend avoiding such search sites, is that they return altered search results. This is done for making people visit related sites. Besides, Home.tb.ask.com may be set to track its victims' browing habits and share this data Remember, if you suffer from home.tb.ask.com redirects, you should check your PC for this application and remove it without any delay.
WHY AM I REDIRECTED TO Home.tb.ask.com?
As we have already mentioned, home.tb.ask.com is promoted by freeware and other third-party software. If you want to avoid it, you should always pay attention to conditions that are typically showed on one of installation windows. If home.tb.ask.com manages to sneak inside, it shows up on each of the web bowser, which can be found on the system. After altering some of PC's settings, it appears instead of start page, default search engine and new tab page. Please, do NOT ignore this! If this application infiltrated your computer, you should eliminate home.tb.ask.com without any delay. Technically, it is not a virus but it may redirect
HOW TO REMOVE Home.tb.ask.com REDIRECT VIRUS?
If you suffer from home.tb.ask.com redirects, you should immediately run a full system scan with SpyHunter and make sure there is no browser hijacker inside. As soon as you remove malicious entries, look for this program on Add/Remove Programs list. For that:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for home.tb.ask.com and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Finally, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall home.tb.ask.com and other entries that are unknown for you.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find home.tb.ask.com and other entries that are unknown and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click on the ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’ icon, select ‘Options’ -> ‘Basic’ and change the homepage to google.com or other.
- Click the ‘Manage search engines…’ -> choose ‘Google’ and make it the default search engine.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use
Modern viruses are really hard to remove. They have random file names, random registry entries, they can immitale legal products and files.
Removal instructions sometimes can't Help to remove infection manually. Please take a look at our discussion where users like you share they experience in fighting the parasite: