Hungarian Police virus (also called as Magyar Rendorseg virus) ir a ransomware, which locks computers down and asks to pay the ransom for unblocking them. Just like other Police viruses that have been designed for European countries, it pretends to belong for the local police office and blames user for initiating illegal activities on his computer. Mostly, it claims: ‘Az on szamitogepe blokkolasra kerult’ and then reports about watching copyrighted content, spreading malware and downloading pornography. Note that it is also set to show victim’s IP address and display a forged webcam. Before you fall for all this trickery, you must be aware that these ‘crimes’ are just a tool, which is used to scare people into paying the money. There’s nothing real about Hungarian Police virus, so you should remove this program as soon as it starts blocking your computer.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Hungarian Police virus?
Hungarian Police virus is distributed by Trojans that are massively spread through fake emails, software updates and media codecs. As soon as they get inside, they download ransomware on a computer and lock the whole system. So, user starts seeking the alert from Magyar Rendorseg virus instead of his desktop and finds himself completely disabled from anything. Be sure that you must ignore this sneaky virus because it seeks only to rip you off. After scaring you into thinking that you have violated various laws, it asks to make a payment through Ukash or Paysafecad prepayment systems. Please, never do that! You must remove Magyar Rendorseg virus from your computer.
HOW CAN I REMOVE Hungarian Police virus?
The main problem about Magyar Rendorseg/Hungarian Police virus removal is that it blocks computer from anything. In order to unblock your computer and remove Hungarian Police virus, remove the lock from your computer by following these steps:
*Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download Reimage or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with FBI ransomware once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with any of Hungarian Police virus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual Hungarian Police virus removal (special skills needed!):
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable Police virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage to remove remaining files.