i.search.metacrawler.com (also known as Metacrawler Search) is a search engine, which we don't recommend using for browsing. The main reason why we say so is that this website is closely related to Funmoods. Besides, it is promoted using unfair distribution methods and it may also return altered search results for you what makes people visit unknown or insecure websites. Finally, you may notice unwanted pop-up advertisements and slow downs on all web browsers that are installed on the system when this search engine is indie your computer. No matter how carzy it sounds, i.search.metacrawler.com is still not considered a virus because it doesn't harm computer in any way. However, if you want to avoid things that we mentioned earlier, you should use more reputable search engines, such as Google, Bing or Yahoo.
HOW CAN i.search.metacrawler.com APPEAR ON MY COMPUTER?
i.search.metacrawler.com is promoted using freeware and shareware. If you want to avoid discovering unknown applications on your computer, you should always monitor installation process of the freeware and remove free additions and similar components. In most of the cases, you need to find this check mark, which agrees to set i.search.metacrawler.com as a start page or default search engine. If you miss this check mark, you will agree to download this search engine on your computer. After successful installation, it makes several changes in computer's settings and starts its annoying routine, which is typically based on redirections.
HOW TO REMOVE i.search.metacrawler.com?
If you discovered i.search.metacrawler.com on your machine and you want to remove it from there, you should follow these instructions that are guven below. Besides, don't forget checking your PC with updated anti-spyware to make sure that your PC is free of viruses. For that we recommend using STOPzilla, SpyHunter or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for i.search.metacrawler.com and similar unknown entries.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes.
Additionally, remove i.search.metacrawler.com add-on from your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
- Here, look for i.search.metacrawler.com and similar entries, and click 'uninstall'.
- Once you remove it, change your start page.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’.
- Find i.search.metacrawler.com and similar entries, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- After that, change the start page.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions.
- Here, look for i.search.metacrawler.com extension and get rid of it by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
- Don't forget to change start page.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use