What is i.search.metacrawler.com?
i.search.metacrawler.com (also known as Metacrawler Search) is a questionable search engine, which we don't recommend using for browsing. The main reason why we say so is that this website is closely related to questionable developer and its product Funmoods. Besides, it has been promoted using unfair distribution methods (known as bundling), so there are hundreds of people who have been tricked into downloading this browser hijacker without knowing that. As soon as it enters the system, this program may start causing various system changes. Typically, it alters the start page and the default search engine on each of web browsers. However, it may also try to change the new tab page or bookmarks list, so you should avoid this program if you want to avoid these changes. After doing so, i.search.metacrawler.com hijacker may start blocking Google, Yahoo, Bing and other search engines for tricking PC users into using it for their search sessions. We don't recommend trusting this search engine and its search results because the most of them may be filled with questionable links. After clicking them, you may be rerouted to unknown websites that may also be insecure. Finally, you may notice unwanted i.search.metacrawler.com pop-up ads and slow downs on all web browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.) that are installed on your PC system. If you don't want to deal with such annoying and suspicious activities, you should remove i.search.metacrawler.com from your computer and go back to reputable search engines, such as Google, Bing or Yahoo. If you need a help to remove this questionable search site without leaving its leftovers, please run a full system scan with SpyHunter.
How can i.search.metacrawler.com hijack my computer?
i.search.metacrawler.com is mostly promoted using freeware and shareware where it is hidden in optional components. If you want to avoid discovering unknown applications on your computer after installing freeware, you should always monitor installation process of the freeware and remove free additions and similar components. In order to get ability to do that, you should select Custom or Advanced installation option. After doing so, you should try to find the check mark, which agrees to make i.search.metacrawler.com your start page, the default search engine or a new tab page. If you would miss this check mark, you would agree with the installation of this search engine on your computer. After successful installation, it may try to initiate several system changes in your computer's settings and then may start its annoying routine, which is typically based on redirections.
How to remove i.search.metacrawler.com virus?
If you have just discovered i.search.metacrawler.com instead of your start page and/or the default search engine, it means that your machine is hijacked. In this case, you should avoid this questionable search engine because it may show you altered search results. These results are typically used for promoting affiliate parties but there is no guarantee that each of these sites is safe. If you want to remove i.search.metacrawler.com browser hijacker from your PC, you should follow a guide below or scan your computer with the reliable anti-spyware.
You can remove i.search.metacrawler.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual i.search.metacrawler.com Removal GuideQuick menu:
Step 1: Uninstall i.search.metacrawler.com and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove i.search.metacrawler.com from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove i.search.metacrawler.com from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for i.search.metacrawler.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove i.search.metacrawler.com from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for i.search.metacrawler.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Remove i.search.metacrawler.com from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall i.search.metacrawler.com from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
Remove i.search.metacrawler.com from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for i.search.metacrawler.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete i.search.metacrawler.com removal.
Remove i.search.metacrawler.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select i.search.metacrawler.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete i.search.metacrawler.com removal.
Remove i.search.metacrawler.com from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select i.search.metacrawler.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete i.search.metacrawler.com removal.
Remove i.search.metacrawler.com from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for i.search.metacrawler.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by i.search.metacrawler.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete i.search.metacrawler.com removal process.
Step 4: Complete i.search.metacrawler.com removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of i.search.metacrawler.com registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of i.search.metacrawler.com
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.