Icarus is a potentially unwanted program that is also labeled as an adware. In fact, this application may appear on your computer out of nowhere and make your browsing experience miserable. Icarus adware may display in-text ads, search-related ads, video and banner-type ads on every website that you are going to visit. Internet is filled with similar programs that may force you to see annoying ads. Therefore, you should be extra careful and avoid downloading unfamiliar programs, avoid visiting unfamiliar website, and avoid clicking questionable ads. Besides, it is known that such program as Icarus may track your online activities and later transfer this information to third-parties and various advertisers.
How can Icarus hijack my computer?
After conducting a research about Icarus virus, we did not find a direct download source for it. However, there has been reported that this ad-supported application may travel together with freewares as an additional attachment. Sadly, many internet users fail to notice such attachments and install them. Don't worry, if you want to protect your computer from Icarus virus, we can give you a couple of useful tips on how to install unfamiliar freewares. First of all, read comments and reviews from people who have already downloaded your desired program. Find as much information as possible. Secondly, don't rush the installation process. Before you have started the installation, try reading its end-user license agreement (EULA) section. Thirdly, avoid choosing 'basic' or 'quick' installation option. Instead, select 'advanced' or 'custom' option and attentively follow the entire process. Finally, look for suspicious attachments, such as Icarus. Unmark them and continue with the installation.
How to remove Icarus adware from my PC?
You just need to follow these simple steps, get rid of this useless applications and stop Icarus ads from appearing.
- Remove Icarus from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Icarus or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries, such as Icarus.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.