What is Iminent toolbar?
Iminent toolbar is a browser hijacker, which may appear on your computer without downloading it. Of course, it can also be installed consciously because it's one of these programs that offer to improve people's browsing. This program claims that it is capable to spice up their web activity with various smiles and other emotional icons. According to its owners, these icons can be easily used on Facebook, Webmail and other platforms. However, before installing this toolbar on your computer you should know that it has been categorized as a potentially unwanted application. Of course, that was done because of some reason and this reason is unfair activity that is usually initiated by this program as soon as it enters computer. According to PC users who have already downloaded this program to their computers, Iminent toolbar may hijack each of web browsers (Inetrnet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.) and then may start causing redirects them to search.iminent.com and other domains that should never be trusted. Mostly, such unknown search pages seek to increase their page rank or sales. Besides, you should never use this toolbar for looking for needed information because it may easily show you altered search results that may try to promote various goods and services. Besides, this hijacker may also try to track your browsing habits for getting more information about your browsing habits. After doing so, it may start causing tempting pop-up ads or may try to initiate other suspicious activity. If you want to get rid of Iminent toolbar virus, you should waste no time and scan your computer with SpyHunter. This tool will help you to fix your computer without leaving leftovers of this hijacker.
WHERE CAN IMINENT TOOLBAR hijack my computer?
Iminent toolbar can be installed on the system either manually or without any permission asked. This method is called bundling and it is closely related to other programs. In most of the cases, programs that are involved to its distribution are various freewares and sharewares that have been convinced to include various toolbars and other browser add-ons for monetization purposes. Be aware that you can prevent such infiltration only if you select Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware. In addition, you should carefully read every installation window of the freeware and uncheck several ticks that announce about Iminent toolbar's or other components' installation. Once inside and active, Iminent toolbar may easily affect each of your web browsers and then may start causing unwanted activities on each of them. For example, it may change your browser's homepage to seach.iminent.com and make it your main search engine. To sum up, we do not recommend leaving this toolbar if you haven't installed it by yourself. Note that it may give altered search results for you and initiate unwanted changes on your computer.
HOW TO REMOVE IMINENT TOOLBAR VIRUS?
As we said, if you haven't installed Iminent Toolbar on your computer voluntarily, you have to uninstall it. For that, follow these steps:
You can remove Iminent toolbar automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Iminent toolbar Removal GuideQuick menu:
Step 1: Uninstall Iminent toolbar and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove Iminent toolbar from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Iminent toolbar from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Iminent toolbar or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Iminent toolbar from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Iminent toolbar or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Remove Iminent toolbar from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall Iminent toolbar from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
Remove Iminent toolbar from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Iminent toolbar and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Iminent toolbar removal.
Remove Iminent toolbar from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Iminent toolbar and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Iminent toolbar removal.
Remove Iminent toolbar from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Iminent toolbar and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Iminent toolbar removal.
Remove Iminent toolbar from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Iminent toolbar or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Iminent toolbar, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Iminent toolbar removal process.
Step 4: Complete Iminent toolbar removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Iminent toolbar registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Iminent toolbar
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.