InboxAce is an adware, which infiltrates computers in a bundle with third party software and modifies computer's settings according to its needs. Usually, it shows up in a form of toolbar and settles down on Mozilla Firefox browser. Besides, it can also start affecting other Internet browsers by changing start page, default search engine, new tab page and other settings on its target PC. Usually, it promotes MyWebSearch search engine, which can easily redirect users to unwanted websites. This unfair activity has already made many people start calling InboxAce as a browser hijacker or even virus. While this program is not as dangerous as rogue anti-spyware or ransomware, it that may be used for potentially malicious activities. Please, do NOT trust InboxAce. If you haven't downloaded it manually, we highly recommend eliminating it from the system.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH InboxAce?
InboxAce is spread via several different methods. First of them is legitimate because it involves its official website and other sites that are used for promoting this program. However, InboxAce cal also get inside your computer in a bundle with other applications as a component. Remember, when downloading freeware and shareware, you have to check its components list and eliminate unfamiliar entries. If you have downloaded Ace Toolbar without your consent, you can also notice unwanted behavior of this program. Typically, it alters the start page, default search engine and new tab page to MyWebSearch, which initiates browser's redirections. Please, do NOT ignore them! You are highly recommended staying away from InboxAce.
HOW TO REMOVE InboxAce?
If you want to get rid of InboxAce and its continuous pop-up ads, you should follow these steps:
First of all, remove program's entries from Add/Remove Programs list. For that follow these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for InboxAce toolbar and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
In addition, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall InboxAce and other entries that are unknown for you.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find InboxAce and other unknown entries and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click on the ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’ icon, select ‘Options’ -> ‘Basic’ and change the homepage to google.com or other.
- Click the ‘Manage search engines…’ -> choose ‘Google’ and make it the default search engine.
Finally, if you hhaven't installed this program manually and noticed that it has changed system's settings on your computer, you should also scan your PC with STOPzilla or SpyHunter and remove malicious files from the system.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use