Info.com is considered a browser-hijacker because it may enter your computer very silently and initiate many unwanted changes behind your back. Many internet users are complaining about this dubious search engine. In fact, after conducting a small research, we have noticed that Info.com hijacker/search engine may be associated with wow.com and search.conduit.com hijackers. Usually, Info.com works by redirecting internet users to predetermined websites that have nothing in common with the search queries that you have typed. This technique is very popular among doubtful search engines that are trying to make money from advertising. If Info.com has appeared out of nowhere and now you see it as your home page and as your default search engine, you should be worried. Don't use this search engine by any means and scan your computer with reliable anti-spyware program.
How can Info.com hijack my computer?
You can easily download this hijacker as a plug-in for your internet browser. However, there is also another way how Info.com virus may infiltrate your computer. This hijacker is traveling together with freewares as an extra attachment. We can not say what specific freewares may carry Info.com virus as an attachment because internet is filled with free applications, which people are downloading every single day. Therefore, be very careful and check every single program that you want to install. You should also have a reliable anti-spyware program that will prevent such unwanted intruders from entering your computer. Info.com redirect virus can be extremely irritating; it may flood you with various advertisements and alter your search results.
How to remove Info.com redirect virus?
Although Info.com search engine claims that it displays most relevant search results from Google, Bing, Yandex and Yahoo, we are not so sure about that. You should use the original search engine instead of Info.com. If you want to remove this hijacker from your computer, follow these simple guidelines and do that:
- Uninstall a freeware, which is related to Info.com:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Info.com plug-in, BrowserProtect, Yontoo, etc.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then click OK to save the changes.
- Restore your browsers:
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon -> 'Manage Add-ons'.
2. Here, look for Info.com plug-in, Shopping Helper Object, Babylon IE plugin, etc., and remove these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on the gear icon again and select 'Internet options'.
4. Remove Info.com and enter your preferred domain name.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the gear icon again, select 'Manage Add-ons' -> 'Search Providers',
6. Set your preferred search engine.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Add-ons' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select Info.com plug-in, Shopping Helper Object, Babylon, etc., and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click Firefox, choose 'Options'
4. Here, eliminate Info.com and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon and question mark icon
6. Here, click 'Troubleshooting Information' and click 'Reset Firefox'.
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select, Info.com plug-in, Shopping Helper Object, Babylon, etc., and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose 'Settings' -> 'On startup' section -> 'set pages'
4. Here, eliminate Info.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> 'Settings' -> 'Search' section
6. Here, click 'Manage Search Engines…' and add your preferred domain name.